Somewhere Else

Chapter 8
-Somewhere Else

I fetched everyone from their classrooms and led the way to the cafeteria. Since we were slow at walking, talking and laughing the whole time, we got to the cafeteria last.

I scanned the room, silent and suspicious. I made my way to our table and found something disturbing. 'Freaks' was written with ketchup on our table which got me boiling mad. I was about to create a war between me and the person who wanted to die but Velvet covered my mouth and forced a grin but I knew she was also trying to calm herself.

"We can't waste our time on these losers."

"I have a better spot." Griffin raised his hand and pointed to the door. We followed him to a secret spot he ate at everyday which was kinda lonely. It was outside school so we had to sneak past the guards who were lazily doing their job.

By the time we got there, we were so hungry that we just sat on the dirt and ate our recess.

It was a mini-forest, I could say. There were trees surrounding us and the city noises were audible. It was just right beside the school, the place surrounding by 'Don't Trespass' signs but we got over those. I think they were supposed to clean this lot to make more room for the school but eventually, gave up.

Griffin forced a cough and we all jerked our heads. A familiar sound of hair flipping came up, causing everyone to snort.

"Ow! Kim!" Clint whined, making some spitting noises. He had placed a blanket and we all wiped out butts and sat on the blanket. We began talking, chatting and crying our eyes out from the lame jokes Clint had and the hilarious comebacks Velvet had.

"Stop making lame jokes, it doesn't make any sense!" Velvet cried, still smiling from the cringey and cheesy Clint Jokes.

"I could make dollars though." He replied, raising both eyebrows and putting on straight lips. Velvet gasped and began to playfully punch him for making her laugh at dumb things.

"Guys, please! I-I can't breathe!" Smilly giggled, holding her stomach for air. Luca and Griffin placed a hand on her back as they both laughed and instantly turned red once their hands touched.

"Eat, Luca! Eat!" Kim started to stuff all her packed fruits into his mouth, non-stop. He said something but it was muffled by the fruits so Kim continuously stuff fruits.

I softly smiled, feeling a bit like a mother as I watched them get along. They all stopped, staring back at me like a doll

"Uhh."

"Avi! Why aren't you eating?!" Kim nagged, shuffling closer to me as Luca sigh in relief, trying to chew the mixed fruits in his mouth. She handed me fruits in a container and forced some in my mouth.

"Avery, why do you invite everyone to eat when you're not eating yourself?" Clint sighed, crossing his arms and shaking his head.

"Avi!" I corrected, crossing my arms and sighed but before I could say something, I got hit on the head. I turned to the side and squinted my eyes.

"Ouch, Smilly."

"Oh, that didn't work well. It did in my head though." Smilly apologized and pointed something above my head.

"Smart but dumb..." Velvet commented but her eyes widened when she spot something above me. Everyone gasped, quickly running away from me. I stood up too, dashing away as far as I could.

"Bee!"

"Punch it, Griffin!" Kim whined, shaking him around and pushing towards the flying insect.

"I can't just do that! I'll get stinged!"

"Stung."

"No time for grammar, Smilly! This is a life-death situation!" Clint cried, taking everyone's container on top of the blanket and ran behind Luca.

"Wait, were you going to smash the bee onto my head?! Then I'll get stunged?!"

"Stung!" She repeated then slowly nodded, standing beside Griffin who just shrugged.

"Go get 'em!" Kim encouraged as she pushed Luca towards the bee who was awkwardly watching us fight as it flew peacefully.

"Shoo...?" Luca shrugged, trying to shoo away the insect but the insect flew and stung me instead. The annoyed insect flew away, leaving all of us to surround me.

"Screw you! Could've just stung Luca!" I winced, holding the arm that got stung.

"Hey!"

"Come on, let's go back." Clint helped me up and kept asking if it really hurts or was I just being dramatic.