Graduation

Chapter 9
-Graduation

"Yee!" Kim squealed, admiring her blue graduation cap as we sprinted to the hang out place.

"Are you sure you don't want to meet up with your families?" I worryingly asked, tapping Clint and Velvet on the shoulders since they were closest to me.

"Nah, we good. We all asked before." Griffin glanced back and gave me a thumbs up.

"Trash." Luca grabbed Griffin's hand and pulled him in time to avoid the trash can he was about to run into. They both turned away from each other but still kept a small smile.

"Can't wait to sleep~"

"Can't wait to eat~"

"Can't wait to not study~"

"Can't wait to finally start a new life in high school!" Clint concluded and everyone cheered, setting out the blanket under the tree. We all sat in our non-verbal assigned places and began to devour all the food Kim baked and cooked for us.

"Oh! Oh! Let's write a time capsule!"

"But we're going in high school now." Velvet complained, making Clint and Smilly whine. They shook Velvet around, crying in her ears which forced her to agree or her eardrums will break.

"Geez, when are you going to mature?" She pinched the bridge of her nose while the 2 just high-fived in victory with endless 'Yes!'s and cheers.

"Have a muffin." Kim handed out but she couldn't reach Velvet's hands so she instead threw it and luckily, Velvet caught it.

"Let's just write the time capsule already. To who?"

"Our future selves, Avi!" Luca smacked my back, sighing with disappointment.

"We don't have paper." Griffin eyed us then the blanket then back to us. We all groaned but Smilly was the first one who stood up.

"I've prepared." She grinned, picking up a bag that was right beside her. She began handing us a piece of designed paper and a pen to write our time capsules.

"To you or to me?" I asked again, a bit confused on who to write to.

"To you!" They all said in chorus with a bit of an annoyed tone before they bursted out laughing.

'For Seven Heaven
Thank you for everything and I hope we can stay friends forever.' I wrote at the end of my long message for them.

I wrote but that didn't seem enough. I was so thankful for them that I couldn't write it in words. I was so grateful for them that I didn't know how I could survive without their cheerful selves. I couldn't continue life without actually experiencing laughing until I choked.

"Avi, are you okay?" I spread my arms out, bending all my fingers towards me.

"I love you guys." I smiled, tears falling down my cheeks as Clint jumped on me to join the hug. Kim set aside her sweets as Velvet placed the last bite of the muffin into her mouth before hugging us. Smilly sniffled, crawling underneath our arms to join the hug from inside. Luca hesitated but got pulled by me and leaned his head on Velvet's shoulders. Griffin finally spread out his arms and hugged a giant ball of friendship.

"I'm so happy I met you."

"I mean, you brought us together." They let go after a while to let me catch my breath and breathe normally.

We all placed our folded letter into an envelope before we gave them to Smilly and Luca who were extra and wanted to seal the envelopes with the wax seals.

"Let's bury them now." I grinned, chuckling softly in embarrassment as Clint and Griffin used their hands to create a small pit. We placed our envelopes into the silver box and buried it into the soil.

"Let's meet here again, in 10 years and read it, okay?" I planned, eyeing everyone to make sure they all agree.

"Let's get summer break started!"