7

"This is so nice friend!" Talia exclaimed, coming from around the corner in Morgan's new apartment

"This is so nice friend!" Talia exclaimed, coming from around the corner in Morgan's new apartment. She'd decided to go with a three bedroom, and have Kionni room with her. They'd already been living together for a good part of their adult lives so they knew how to coexist peacefully. The third bedroom was of course for her baby brother when he came home from school.

Her group of friends had arrived about 30 minutes ago to come see the place and there was no short of congratulations for her. They were all so happy and proud of her, they knew how much she wanted it.

"Oh! And while we're all together, I got the place I wanted!" Kiki exclaimed, making Morgan jump around in excitement for her friend. Kionni had been licensed as a cosmetologist and esthetician for years now.

She loved everything that had to do with beauty and making people feel their most beautiful. At first, she was doing hair and makeup from her parents basement, and when she moved out, she began doing hair in her apartment.

After building a loyal clientele, she was able to afford a booth at a local salon in which she offered all of her services which included nails, eyelashes, hair, makeup, and anything having to do with skin care.

Her clientele grew exponentially while she was at the salon, and she'd been saving money up for her own small storefront for about 4 years now. Finally, after all of her hard working she was able to afford to lease one, in a nice strip mall in Houston, surrounded by other small businesses.

So officially, today, August 31st, Euphoria Salon and Spa was born.

"We gotta go celebrate! All my babies are so successful! I'm so proud," Talia cooed, hugging her best friends. Morgan's graduation was in three days, and then she'd officially begin work as an OB/Pediatric nurse starting the following week.

She had just got her first apartment, and Kionni got her first salon. Julian and Treshaun were thinking about expanding as well, so Talia felt a sense of pride that she surrounded herself with such hard working people, who pushed her to be the best version of herself.

She always loved to cook, but battled with depression and became discouraged from pursuing her goal to have a restaurant, once she became a mother. Her son was the light of her life, but the negative thoughts overwhelmed her, thinking that chasing her dreams made her a bad mother, or at least that's what her mother told her.

She continued to support her boyfriend through all of his endeavors and had been a stay at home mom since Tristan was born. Every now and again, they'd all try to encourage her to pick up her cooking again and she appreciated all of their efforts.

"You're next up, Lee Lee. We getting this catering business off the ground," Julian said, slinging his arm around his friends' shoulder, ruffling up her hair.

"Julian!" she whined, smoothing her hair back out. "We'll see," she waved him off, with a small smile on her face.

Once they all got a nice look at the apartment, they reconvened in the den area, discussing their plans for a celebratory evening. Well, the guys were. The girls were obsessing over the décor that was being planned. They'd leave Elijah's room alone but everything else was left up to their creativity.