Chapter 4 - Goodbye

Rachel's P.O.V.
It's been a couple of months and I'm close to death. The beating has been traumatic. I don't know if I should even keep fighting for Gibbs and Tony or just give up. It's clear they're not gonna find me. Just then I heard knocking coming from the other side of the door. 'Jack!' I heard someone yell. 'HELP!' I tried to shout but came out as a whisper. I was too weak. The door swings open and there I see Tony. 'Rachel' he cried running over. He put his hand on my face, caressing down my cheek. 'We're gonna get you outta here' he said lifting me up. I saw Gibbs standing at the doorway smiling. 'Welcome back baby' he said walking out of the room. I passed out.
I eventually woke up in a hospital bed. Tubes going through me. Get my strength back. Gibbs was sitting right next to me along with Tony. Tony was crying. He stormed out of the room. Gibbs yelling after him. I don't think they know I'm awake. I sat up quickly. None of them coming back to the room. Until Gibbs showed up. 'Rachel' he smiled with joy. 'Where's Tony going?' I asked. 'I don't know. He said he wanted revenge. I think he's gonna do something stupid' he told me. 'He's gone to go find jack hasn't he?' I said. He nodded. He grabbed a hold of my hand 'it's gonna be alright' he said.

It's been a while. Almost a couple of days since Tony walked out. The nurse came along into the room 'miss Rachel dinozzo?' She asked. I sat up. 'Your brother, Tony. He's been in an accident.' I felt a tear roll down my cheek. 'What happened doc?' Gibbs asked. '2 bullet wounds pierced through his kidneys' she told us. I got out of bed, by now the wires we took out of me. 'What room?' I asked. '342' she said looking up from her notepad. I walked to the room and saw Tony laying helplessly. 'Is he going to make it?' I asked the doctor coming from his room. 'Hard to tell at this point' he told me. I walked into the room and grabbed onto Tony's hand. 'I'm sorry I put you through this. I mean, you was always there for me. Saw me through. Gave me a home. You, you're my big brother. You was shot because of me' I cried. 'So I'm leaving. I've got a friend, she lives in Miami. I'm moving there' I said standing up. I leant over and kissed his forehead. 'Goodbye tony' I said walking to the door, still looking behind me. 'What do you mean you're leaving?' I heard from in front of me. I looked at the door and saw Gibbs standing there with a shocked expression. 'I'm moving in with a friend from Miami. She said I can visit whenever I like' I told him not daring to look him in the eye. 'Rachel, this is your home, please don't go' he begged. I walked past him and back into my room. 'Rachel you can't leave' he told me. I started to change into some spare clothes. I walked past him and went to reception. 'I'd like to discharge myself please' I told the receptionist. I signed my name and started heading for the automatic doors. 'Rachel please' Gibbs shouted grabbing hold of my arm. 'Tony is in the hospital bed because of me. If I fought jack back. Maybe he wouldn't be laying there. He wouldn't want revenge. He wouldn't have been shot!' I yelled. I got into a taxi and told the driver my address. Once we got there, Gibbs was already waiting. 'There was no getting you to stay so I thought I'd help you pack' he said looking at the floor. I walked over to him after asking the driver to wait. I lifted up his chin and made him look into my eyes. 'I'm sorry babe. I really am. But I need some time. I love you' I told him for the first time. The corner of his mouth rose. 'I love you too' I wiped a tear away from his eyes. 'Take it we're done too' he said. I nodded. 'Long distance. I don't think it's gonna work' I told him. 'We can make it work' he said raising his voice. I shook my head. 'We can't.' I kissed him a final time 'I'm sorry.' I got into the taxi and told him to take me to the airport. I looked outta the window back at Gibbs who was watching the taxi leave.