Chapter 7 - The Proposal

Gibbs's P.O.V.
Rachel has been home for a few months now. I've been talking with Tony about proposing to her. I know I love her and wanna spend the rest of my life with her. Tony is happy with the idea. I just need to find the right place and time. 'I've got an idea!' Shouted Tony from the other side of the office. I got out of my daze and looked at him. 'You know, about you proposing' he smiled. I nodded. 'You could put on her favourite movies, get her favourite food in, which is obviously kebab. And have everyone there' he suggested. Not a bad idea to be honest. 'That sounds better than any of the things I thought of' I laughed.
We carried on with the day, the whole office was talking about it. Abbie was more hyped than anyone else. Including me. 'Boss! We got a dead marine' shouted Tony. Just when i thought it was time to go home. We went to overlook the crime scene, got the body back to autopsy and we called it in for the night. We'll start on this case in the morning. Now, it's time to proper to my one and only.

I got home at around 11pm. Everyone came in Aswell. I had my ring in my back pocket just waiting to come out. I heart clattering coming from the kitchen. I pulled my gun and so did the rest of the team. I put it down once I saw who it was 'woah' she said putting her hands up. I looked behind and noticed tony with a shocked impression. 'Rach, what're you doing here?' He asked. 'I wanted curry, we didn't have any at home' she smiled. I put my head down smiling. Lord help this girl. She got her curry then gave me a kiss on the cheek 'hello' she laughed. She walked into the living room and we followed behind. We all took some seats, some was left standing because I had no idea that all my team would be in my house at the same time. 'Jethro' I heard coming from the door. 'Since when did you have a lock?' He shouted through. I looked at Abbie and smiled. I walked through to the door. 'I heard you was..' he said before I stopped him. 'She's I'm there Fornell' he pulled a face. 'She wanted a curry and I have plenty round here' I laughed. 'Ooh' he joined in with the laughter. 'Fornell' I heard coming from behind me. She ran up to him hugging him. 'Have I missed something?' I asked pointing to the both of them. 'He's like my bestie. Whenever you're at work, he usually comes by whilst waiting for you to get back' she told me. 'Ooh, okay' I smiled. The three of us walked back into the living room. 'What is everyone actually doing here?' Rachel asked finishing up her curry. 'We're all gonna watch a couple of movies' I told her. 'Well come on then' she said getting up, dragging me along. We made our way upstairs and all got comfy. A couple of hours has passed and I excused myself to go to the bathroom. Tony followed. 'When are you gonna ask her?' He asked. 'Now' I said pulling out the ring. I walked back into the room and got down on one knee. She had her back faced to me so she couldn't see. 'You have been there for me through everything. Helped me. Made me become the man I am today. And for that, I'm asking you to be my wife? Take my hand in marriage. Rachel Dinozzo. Will you be my wife?' I asked. She instantly turned around. She was growing and trying not to smile at the same time. She sat up and dragged me onto the bed and hugged me. I didn't fail to hug her back. 'Of course I will' she cried. I smiled and leant up to look at her, I slowly put the ring on her finger and hugged her one last time. 'I love you' I whispered.