PROLOGUE.

Have you ever had a perfect life, and then one silly moment ruined it all?  I have also had such an experience.*sigh*.

I thought Jason was perfect. He was the tall, green eyed hunk with long silky brown hair that made him look even the more sexy when he ran his hands through it. He was the captain of the football team, I was not a cheerleader, but someway, somehow, we got together, and I loved him, and I knew he loved  me too. We had already promised each other we'd get married as soon as I had become a lawyer, and he a basketball player. But, one day, we both went to a friend's party, we were seniors, and we were celebrating an after school graduation party in Milly, a mutual friend's house. There was alcohol, and I had way too much to drink, I was too tired to do anything after the alcohol, so Jason took me to the guest room, and planned to undress me and leave me to sleep. I don't remember the exact details of that night, and I don't think I want to.

All I know is that I didn't sleep that night, instead Jason and I had some fun,if you know the kind I mean.*wink*

I didn't know that that night, would ruin my life forever, I mean nothing happened that showed me the signs. 

When I woke up the next day, I had a throbbing headache. Jenny, my cousin who was visiting us gave me a glass of water, and asked me what had happened. I told her everything, begging her not to tell my parents, and she agreed. I forgot about that night, not knowing it's effects would show up much later.

I started studying general law online so as to have a small understanding on how to be a good lawyer. Dad was a lawyer, my uncle was a lawyer and so was my late grandpa. They had all gotten  degrees in law, and I made sure I would follow their footsteps.

''So, how are we gonna make a long-distance relationship work, babe?'' I asked Jason, as I laid on his stomach and gently stroke his hair. We were in his garden, a week after the graduation party. We hadn't spoken about that night once, and I was afraid to bring it up because I didn't want him to get upset or something.

''Don't worry, Sara. They say love can withstand anything, so, why not distance? We'll make it work, Sara. I love you and nothing will ever tear us apart'' Jason whispered into my ear and kissed my forehead. I loved how re-assuring he sounded.

''Have you  seen your SAT results? I've seen mine, I did fairly well.'' Jason told me as I dug my head into his chest. I took a deep breath. Mmm. I loved Jason's cologne. It smelt like roses and honey plus mint and candy mixed together.

''I can feel your breath against my chest. The heat is nice'' he whispered, and I smiled.

''My SAT's haven't come out yet. Do you think I'll do well?'' I asked, as I slowly rubbed his muscular arm.

''You're smart, bae. You'll do excellent.'' he said and kissed my nose. I smiled at his words.

And I did do well in my SAT's. I had passed with flying colors. I had been one of the best in our district! When the results came in the mail, I could barely contain myself. YES! My grades would be good enough to enter Princeton. I jumped back into the house singing ''Firework''. 

Grandma was sitting in the kitchen, drinking coffee when I came in, clutching my results in my hands. My awful voice filled the kitchen, and grandma laughed silently at me. I probably looked like the silliest person on the planet at that moment.

''What's gotten into you, darling'' grandma told me, as I danced to where she sat, with my awful voice cracking on the ''baby, you're a firework'' part.

I wrapped my arms around her and took in her amazing rose petal smell.

''Granny, my results! I passed the exam!'' I practically screamed. Grandma laughed, and rubbed my elbow.

''Really, honey? Let me see!'' she said, and I passed the results to her. Grandma looked at them and smiled a huge toothy grin.

''That's amazing! I knew my grand-daughter would never fail to make me proud!'' grandma hugged me and I kissed her cheek.

''Where's mom and dad? I want to tell them the good news!'' I cried, and grandma pointed to the living room. Thanking her, I dashed to where mom and dad sat, watching a movie, and pounced on both of them in utter excitement.

''MOM! DAD! I PASSED MY SAT's!'' I yelled into their ears. Mom laughed, and slowly pushed me off her and dad.

''Honey, that's great news! We knew you could do it!'' dad cried and he and mom hugged me. To celebrate, we went to the cinema and they let me buy anything I wanted. I was so happy on that day. Now, all I had to do was apply to Princeton University and wish upon the stars that I'd get an acceptance letter. The next day, I applied. Community college was my second option, but I was confident I didn't need a second choice.

My life was going well so far. I had made a list of everything that would happen in my life, and the plan was going smoothly.

1.Get through kindergarten and elementary.

2. Get through middle school.

3. Enter high school and pass my SAT's.

4. Enroll in Princeton.

5. Get a degree in law.

6.Graduate.

7. Become a lawyer.

8. Marry my cute boyfriend.(which later would be Jason)

9. Start a family.

10. Work until retirement.

11. Buy a condo in LA, and live there with Jason for the rest of my life.

That was my life plan, which I had made when I was four. Yes, I know, I'm a weirdo. Most four year olds think about toys and crayons and that nice kindergarten teacher you have a crush on, but I was already thinking about my graduation and my life. My perfect life. So far, everything was going according to plan,  the first three steps had been completed, now the remaining eight were what I had to tackle. But, due to that silly, drunken night, the eight other life steps, well, it looked like they wouldn't be fulfilled. I now understand the phrase ''Whatever you do, there's a consequence, no matter how long it takes, that consequence will  catch up to you, no matter how fast you ran.'' It was like that phrase was meant for me. Maybe it was.