CHAPTER 2.

After what seemed like ages, I finally mustered up the courage to leave the stall. I couldn't stop myself from crying though, and my face was soaked with tears. How could this happen to me? Why would this happen to me? I had always heard that teenage pregnancy could happen to anyone. But, it never occurred that I could be that anyone. 

I left the pharmacy in silence, and called Jenny to come pick me up, since I couldn't afford a taxi. How would I face my family? How would I face society? How would I face myself? My mind went to Jason. I heard a lot of instances where the boyfriends of the pregnant girls would leave them once they heard they were pregnant, would Jason do that to me? No, he wouldn't, he loved me and he would never leave me.

Jenny's blue car caught my attention and I walked to it. She was dressed in a white crop top and leggings.

''Hey, what's wrong, Sara?'' she asked as I opened the door. My initial plan was to say nothing and remain silent, but I was so emotional, I just poured out everything.

''Jenny, I'm finished. My life is over. Remember how sick I've been for these past few weeks? Well, I went to see the doctor and she told me to take a pregnancy test. It came out positive. '' I cried, as the tears  began to flow. Jenny was so shocked, she stopped the car there and then, almost crashing into an oncoming vehicle, the driver flipped her off, but she was so shocked, she completely ignored his severely rude gesture and turned to face me.

''What do you mean you're pregnant? How, when?'' she asked me.

''Remember Milly's party?'' I asked, and it took her a few moments to realize what I was talking about.

She gasped as more tears rolled down my cheeks.

''I can't believe this. But, are you ready for a child?'' she asked me and I nodded my head vigorously

''I don't know the first thing about taking care of a baby. What's worse, is that my plans for my life...'' I couldn't even finish the sentence and burst into tears right away.

''No, don't cry. We could see if we could get you an abortion'' Jenny told me, and I smiled at her.

''Thank you, Jenny'' I said. She nodded, and drove her car to a hospital down the street. We asked to see Dr. Ross, who was a gynecologist.We waited together in the waiting area and when it was my turn, Jenny held my hand as we entered the doctor's office.

Dr. Ross was a young lady with a stern face, and I was intimidated my her immediately.Jenny greeted her with a silent nod and her nod was returned.

''Doctor, this is my cousin, Sara. She is only eighteen years old and just found out she's pregnant. She's not ready for a baby, she'd like to have an abortion'' Jenny said, the moment we had sat down. ''Hello'' the doctor smiled and I smiled back. I felt a glimmer of hope.

''Do you really want an abortion?'' she whispered to me.

''Yes. With all my heart'' I said, with all sincerity. The doctor nodded.

''Well, I hope you know that not everyone can have an abortion. Some people can't due to some health complications, and other risk factors.'' the doctor said, and that glimmer of hope became less bright.

''We'll have to do some tests in order to know if you can do an abortion or not. So, let's go'' the doctor said and she took me away from her office and to a small deep blue room. She explained my situation and left me for them to ran the tests. I think about 60 tests were done on me and they all took excruciating long times to complete.

Finally, I was asked to wait for the results outside. It took about half an hour to get the results. They were given to me in a small envelope. I was too afraid to look inside so I went back to the doctor's office and gave her the envelope. Jenny had gone to the bathroom when I had arrived.