CHAPTER THREE.

I gasped in shock as I felt my cheek burn. Dad had never raised his hand to me before. I felt tears fill my eyes.

''You are a disgrace to our family! You worked so hard all these years just so you could throw it all away!'' he screamed in my face. My tears rolled down my cheeks. He glared at me with deep, angry eyes and my heart started racing.

Mom held dad's hand and whispered ''Baby, calm down.''

''Mom, I'm...'' I was telling her, but she held her hand in front of me, I could see disappointment and sadness in her eyes, instead of anger.

''I think it's better if you leave this house'' mom's voice was shaky but she was trying to sound strict. I nodded my head, as a tear left my face and dropped onto the floor.

''Aunt, no. Think about what you're saying, she needs your support, not your negligence. Please...'' Jenny was saying, but mom stopped her.

''No, my daughter... how could my daughter be pregnant? How could she be carrying a child in her womb? How could she do this to us? To herself? Why would she...'' mom broke down in tears and grandma rushed to her and held her.

''Your life could have been so beautiful, but noooo, you decided to take another path and be pregnant, for Jason? I always knew that boy was no good'' dad cried.

''Uncle, try and understand. Teenage pregnancy could happen to anyone, I mean, why don't you just let her stay here, give birth and then you take care of the baby and...'' 

''Tell me that this is all some sick prank, and that you're not really pregnant'' dad said, glaring at me. I was weeping so much,  I could barely speak. I tried to reply, but all that came out was

''D-dad, I'm sorry'' dad's eyes pierced my soul and more tears flowed down my cheeks.

''Why would you do this, Sara, dear? You're too young to have a child. Way too young, you're throwing the future you planned for yourself in the bin. That isn't very responsible'' grandma told me, in a calm manner.

''I know and I'm sorry. I don't want this child, but I can't have an abortion. I could die'' I said, almost in a whisper. Grandma was about to say something, but dad stopped her and glared at me. I will never forget that look he gave me for as long as I live.

''You are already dead. In my eyes.'' he said, in a slow cold manner that sent a dangerous chill down my spine and made me freeze in my spot. I felt my heart drop and my breath become shallow. My head felt heavy and my lungs  felt airless.

''Dad...''

''You have lost the right to call me dad, you have lost the right to be called your mother and I's daughter. And you have lost the right to stay in this house'' dad said, in a tone I'd never heard before. With every ''you have lost the right'' I could feel my stomach churn slowly and my heart sink lower into it. 

''Dad, please. Please forgive me. I accept my mistake and I'm ready to accept any punishment but... but not this.'' I cried.

''You are not the daughter we raised and loved.Our daughter would never do this'' mom said to me.

''No, mom I AM the daughter you raised and loved, I just made a mistake. I was drunk that night and...

''Shut up! I can't believe you, Sara. You know nothing about raising a baby, we want nothing at all to do with you'' dad screamed, and glared at me.

''I will give it up the moment I give birth to him or her. Then I will go to College, become a lawyer and everything will be alright'' I said, with tears in my eyes. Even though I had said it to assure them, I didn't feel assured. I didn't feel like what I was saying would come true.  Grandma left us and came back, holding an envelope in her hand. She passed it to me. I slowly opened the envelope and took out the paper, then read it.