III

Cracking up the metal gates, Elena quickly took off her spiffy jacket and started looking around, searching for stray away guards as Fitz and Skye started bickering.

"You got a little flustered back there." Skye said to Fitz, referring to the huge smooch she gave him to portray their 'love', as Elena just smirked internally.

Ah , young love. So confusing.

"What? When you kissed me on the cheek like my grandmother? Good going, really selling our relationship there." Said an obviously flustered Fitz back to Skye.

As Fitz settled the load of tech he had carried with himself, he boasted to Elena and Skye, " I had a device that could have done those things , broken the lock and all that."

"I know."

"What? Why wouldn't you tell me that?" Came two responses from Elena and Skye at the same time, as Fitz and Skye looked at Elena's bored face.

"I am always the gadget guy. Maybe sometimes I want to do things with my bare hands." Fitz continued, pretending that Elena didn't make any comment.

"You make the gadgets with your bare hands." Elena pointed out.

"Just allow me these rare moments of self-pity, okay? You're the least supportive pretend sister I have ever had." Fitz shot back at Elena who just raised her hands in mock surrender, a smirk dancing on her lips.

Skye just snorted as she communicated with Coulson and Jemma. "Comms are live. Coulson, Simmons, you in position?"

"Yes , just waiting on May's signal."

Elena, who had been watching the cameras, pulled on her own comms, "He's headed your way." She said to Coulson and Jemma through them.

As soon as Jemma started her rehearsed speech about Coulson and his 'prostitutes' Elena switched off her comms with a muffled laughter as she settled on watching the cameras with Fitz and Skye.

Soon she saw May's goggles turned on, making the trip see what she was seeing through them.

"Great. We see what you're seeing." Skye said to May.

"Alright May. Cybertek cases are usually lined with Tungsten polymer to prevent scanning. It should appear black on your infrared. " Fitz continued.

Soon they saw a black box in May's goggles , making Elena sir up straight. "Great. Eyes on the package May, fourth seat from the back." Elena said to May as she switched her comms on, but only heard static as her response.

Suddenly on high alert, Elena stood up as Skye and Fitz looked at her in question. An announcement started ringing in their room as Skye and Fitz looked around and then shrugged, going back to watching the monitor, making Elena sigh at their obliviousness.

" I wish we had more time to take in the scenery –"Elena rolled her eyes at his commentary , " – three peaks of Lavaredo.... supposed to be stunning."

"Any chance what's in there could be an 0-8-4?" Elena asked no one in particular, trying to make conversation to ease her mind, which was ringing DANGER!DANGER! signs right now.

"This? Now we may not know what this is, but we do know it came from Cybertek." Fitz answered her.

"Right. Unknown origin. And the one we found in Peru was a machine, but they don't always have to be, right?" Skye asked again, trying to seem non-chalant, which made Skye look at her with slightly narrowed eyes, suspicious.