XXI

"You didn't see them, but these parties are so much better than the ones Dad used to throw before."

Elena laughed as she sat in Sofia's room. She was done getting ready for the party to be held in less than an hour - while Sofia was straightening her hair and Natasha was still finding a dress from Sofia's closet. Elena dodged an incoming white dress by a mere inch, as she glared at the spy while Sofia laughed.

"I can attest to that." Nat agreed as Elena wondered if they were just as much - if not more - chaotic than the ones Howard used to throw.

"Any idea what Tony and Bruce were doing back in the lab for the past three days?" Natasha suddenly commented as Sofia raised an eyebrow in question.

"I didn't even know they were in the lab. Why didn't tey tell me?" She pouted as Elena poured herself some apple juice from the mini-fridge in the room.

"Because you had migraines going on from whatever you experienced when we got the sceptre back?" She said as Nat hmmed in agreement.

"Maybe. Now Nat, I got the perfect dress for you so go change right now!" Sofia said as she giggled, pushing the spy inside the washroom with a bag as Nat didn't even put up a fight and just went inside.

"She's gonna look so hot, Bruce would cry." She said to Elena as she clinked her champagne glass filled with cranberry juice with Elena's.

"Or flirt. He looks like the one who might just cry while flirting?" Elena shot back as both laughed.

▪️

The three girls were in the elevator when suddenly there was a pulsing sound in Sofia's mind, as she clutched the side of her head tightly. Thankfully it was the private elevator and all the boys were already downstairs, so only the girls saw her as she dropped her clutch and slid down, panting heavily, not listening as Elena and Natasha constantly called for her attention.

"What is this, please?" A heavy voice pierced her head as she groaned.

"You- Ultron - peacekeeping - Stark." A familiar broken voice rang inside as well, Sofia was trying to concentrate on pinning a face to the voice, but it all soon faded.

"This feels wrong."
"This feels wrong." She spoke out just as the voice did in her head, her eyes wide as she stared into nothing. Elena and Natasha looked at each other worriedly.

"Should we call Stark?" Natasha said as Elena nodded.

"Peace in our time." An echoing voice hung in her head as she spoke it aloud.

"Peace in our time. Peace in our time." But the suddenly , she snapped out of her daze.

Breathing heavily, Sofia noticed her position. "Why am I on the floor?" She asked as Elena and Natasha glanced at each other, coming to the same conclusion.

"Just a glitch in the elevator Sof. You're fine." Elena lied, and although Sofia had picked up on it , she still nodded.

"Help me up, will you? These heels will be the death of me. Why couldn't us Starks have some more height?" Sofia grumbled aa the girls laughed, forgetting about the freak incident for the time being, just wanting to the enjoy the night with friends. Although,Sofia knew she would question them later on.

"Let's get this party started ladies." Natasha said as she linked her arms with Sofia and Elena as the girls laughed and exited the elevator, and entering the party.

▪️

As soon as she had entered the party, Elena split up from the girls, as she saw Sofia go towards Tony and Natasha towards Rhodey. And she walked towards her father and Sam.