XXII

"Hey, Clint? I bet you can't pick up Thor's Hammer."

Clint's brow quirked as he looked at Elena, who was sitting beside Steve and Tony, a beer in hand as she exchanged smirks with Natasha.

"I assure you , Lady Lena. Very few men have been worthy of it." Thor laughed as Clint fiddled with his drumsticks. How he got them, Sofia will never know. As she always says, you find wierd and amazing things in beneath the couches, and Stark tower has the largest number of couches in the world. Atleast, from her point of view.

"Its a trick!" Clint said as Thor chuckled once again, as Maria - who was beside Clint- exchanged a card with Steve, who showed it to Thor.

"Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power. Whatever , man! It's a trick." Clint shot back, mimicking Thor as Bruce and Natasha ignored the spy, more interested in oggling in each other's eyes.

"Please, be my guest." Thor said, gesturing towards his weapon which was idly lying on the table.

"Why isn't the table breaking? Is it worthy?" Sofia slyly commented to her father as he smirked and both exchanged a high-five under the table, yet remained silent, knowing of the scene about to unfold.

"Come on." Tony urged the Archer as he looked shocked.

"Really?" He said as Tony nodded.

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful." Rhodeh commented on the other side of Sofia as she laughed. Clint shot her a look but she just smiled sheepishly.

"Clint, you've had a tough week. We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony said as everyone laughed, as Elena - who was on his other side - smacked him lightly against his head as he mockingly glared at her, rubbing the back of his head as she and Sofia exchanged a high-five and Tony looked at his daughter with a betrayed look.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint said to Thor - most probably referring to Mexico, Sofia presumed - as he placed his hand on the handle of the hammer and pulled it. Or key word: tried to pull it. He grunted, but it didn't even budge. Clint laughed it off, saying," I still don't know how you do it!"

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony said as everyone laughed.

"Please! Stark, by all means." Clint said, inviting Tony to pick up the hammer.

Tony - in his usual Stark style - got up, unbuttoning his coat as he cleared his throat.

"Uh oh." Rhodey said as he and Sofia exchanged smirks.

"Okay." Maria said.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." Tony continued as he circled the hammer, as if analysing the best angle to grab it with. Knowing him and his mind , Sofia knew that's exactly what he was doing.

"Oh get after it." Clint shot.

"Its physics." Tony continued, as if not hearing the Archer as Sofia scoffed.

"Physics, sure." Sofia said.

"Right, so if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?" He asked Thor who nodded.

"Yes ofcourse." He said, as if knowing that no one could lift it. Sofia could bet her entire inheritance that Steve could. And even Elena, if she tried enough.

"I'll be reinstituting Prima nocta." Tony muttered as Sofia scowled.

"Calm down Daddio." She called out to him as he glared at her , yet started to lift the hammer, to no avail.

Elena laughed, it didn't even look like Tony was putting in any effort.

"I'll be right back." Tony said as he walked out, everyone having a hint on what was going to happen.

"Hes gonna bring the suit, right?" Bruce said to Sofia as she nodded , looking apologetically at Thor.

"Sorry Thor. On the good side, he's more than this embarassing to me on normal days. This is a good day." She smiled widely as everyone laughed.

Everyone burst out laughing once again when Tony returned, giving them all confused looks, but still wrapped his iron suit covered hand on the handle of the hammer once again.

Still no effect.

"Rhodey, Sof any help?" He grunted as Rhodey stood up with a sigh, yet when he looked at his niece she just shrunk back into the couch.

"Nope. I'm not gonna be a part of this circus." She said as Rhodey rolled his eyes but got his own suit's Armor.

Both the men tried, and tried yet again, but to no effect.

"Are you even pulling?" Rhodey grunted.

"Are you on my team?" Tony shot back .

"Just represent , Pull!" Rhodey shot back as both tried their level hard, only increasing the amusement of the whole group.

Next was Bruce's turn. He grunted and yelled, suddenly jumping back and yelling once more, imitating the Hulk, yet no one was impressed. Natasha gave him an apologetic look yet he sat down, defeated.

Elena exchanged an amused glance with her father, as he tried to hide his chuckles with his hand.

Then it was his turn. Steve patted Elena's knee as he stood up." Go Steve, no pressure." Tony could be heard mumbling as Elena looked at how her father would do. To say she had high hopes would be correct.

Steve rolled his sleeves till his elbows as he gripped the handles tight." Come on, Cap." Clint said as Steve pulled.

Thor's amused look dropped as everyone heard a silent creak sound, yet didn't budge more. Thor's sound of relief wasn't missed by anyone, yet Elena's eyes narrowed at the defeated look on her father's face, which she was pretty sure was 99% fake.

"Nothing." Thor said, laughing relieved as everyone looked at the girls.

Tony cleared his throat, as Bruce motioned Natasha to go forward.

"And Widow? Lena? Sof?" Clint said.

"Oh no no. That's not a question I need answered." Natasha said as she leaned back, the other two doing the same.

"All deference to the Man Who Wouldn't be King, but it's rigged." Tont said as Rhodey nodded.

"You bet your ass it is." Sofia said as she laughed on Tony's 'stern' look.

"Steve, she said a bad language word." Maria spoke up, pointing at the young Stark as everyone laughed, while Steve sighed.

"Did you tell everyone about that?" He said resignedly to Natasha who just gave him an innocent look.

"The handle's imprinted right? Like a security code?" Tony said as Sofia laughed, ""Whosoever is carrying Thor's fingerprints", is I think the literal translation." He finished as Thor stood up.

"Yes. It's a very, very interesting theory." He said, picking up his hammer, which lifted finally, "I have a simpler one. You're all not worthy." He said as everyone groaned.

As if an idea was struck in her head, Sofia smirked as she waved her hand. Blue energy swam from her wrists rapidly as it curled inconspicuously around the hammer, and with a pull from her wrist, the weapon was yanked from the God's hand and was sprung into the air, being held together by the power in Sofia's veins.

Everyone looked at the young girl dumbfounded, as Tony smiled genuinely and laughed, "Atta girl!" He cheered as Thor looked at the girl, shocked.

"Am I worthy then?" She smirked.

Before she could say anything more, a high pitched sound broke the ground's barrier as everyone cringed, while Sofia placed her hands on her ears, losing control of the hammer as it fell down.

"What the hell?" Steve muttered beside Elena.