XX

As soon as the quinjet had touched base with the Tower, Dr.Cho was ready with her team of doctors to escort Clint in a stretcher. Tony insisted on Sofia going too – she had her head banged in when she fell – but she point blank refused.

But when he got joined in by Elena and then Steve as well, well, there was no argument then. "One glare wasn't enough, you just had to come and get Spangles and Spangles spawn with you huh?" She groaned as she went out with Cho who was waiting for her to come with a small smirk on her face. Seeing her expression, Sofia's soured as she narrowed her eyes at her, "Not a word!" She said as Helen laughed.

Maria came in, offering a sheepish smile to the retreating  Sofia as she looked at Tony. "Lab's all set up boss." She said as Tony turned towards her.

"Oh , actually , he's the boss. I just pay for everything, abd design everything. And make everyone look cooler." He said as he got up from his chair as Elena rolled her eyes.

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve said as he and Elena walked towards Maria.

"NATO's got him." She replied back.

"The two enhanced?" Elena asked, rubbing her neck subtly as she held in a groan, making Steve look at her in a pointed way. "I'll get it looked soon Dad, promise." She said as he nodded.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building. " She replied back as she showed a video of the twins, shouting and protesting.

Elena hummed, knowing what those two could have been protesting about." Sokovia's had a rough History Dad. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special." She said as Steve nodded.

"Their abilities?" Steve asked.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Maria replied as both the Rogers looked at her in confusion.

"He's fast, and she's wierd." She replied back as they nodded in realisation.

"Well, I'm pretty sure they're going to show up again." Elena said as Steve pressed the button for the elevator.

"Agreed. Files say they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. Its nuts. " Maria said as Elena barely concealed a smirk.

"Right." Steve dryly said as he and Elena stepped into the elevator as she pressed the button for the penthouse. "What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" He said as Maria winced slightly, although it wasn't that noticable to Steve.

"We're not at war, Captain." She said, trying to justify her words.

"They are." Elena said as the elevator closed.

▪️

"I told you, I was fine." Sofia said as she pushed Bruce's hands away , which – once again – started hovering on her head. She got it, all the avengers were worried for the kid Avenger, but she's 21 not 14! Although, granted everyone around her – except Nat, no one knows her age – is a gajillion years older.

"Atleast let me clean up the injury kiddo. It will help my peace of mind." He said, as Sofia rolled her eyes. She could have done it herself - she was a doctor after all - but she could see in his eyes that Bruce still wasn't fully healed from the code green earlier. As a doctor herself, and also as a friend , it hurt Sofia whenever anyone of the avengers got hurt. 

Once Bruce was satisfied, having wrapped a gauze around her head and given her a painkiller for some extra measure, she just smiled as she jumped down from the table, although  wobbling slightly as a dizzy spell hit her. From the corner of her eye she saw Bruce shake his head amusedly, but she knew the dizziness wasn't because pf the injury, more so because of what she was shown just an hour ago. But how could she tell him that she had seen a purple giant, one who could sense her presence and even block her powers? He would deem her crazy.