[ Explanations ]

Since some things in the book may have been a tad confusing, here are a few things I want to clear up. I also sprinkled in a few side ideas/concepts, just for fun.

If you're still confused, just ask me in the comments and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

- About (Y/N)

- Just like in the other book, this character was written as gender neutral. Also like the other book, that is the reason why there is no smut at all (I can't write a sex scene if I don't know your gender, if you have a gender or if you sexually identify as a potato)

- I also didn't write a smut because it makes me really uncomfortable, and usually makes other readers uncomfortable. Apologies if you came for that.

- When Dream gave you some of his power, he accidentally pulled some of your power out too-which is why both of you were suddenly given enough power to burst into Nightmare's mind. But not for very long.

- Since you and (N/N) are practically the same in some ways, you drew some of the power between you two back to Dream. That's how you were able to see the flowers.

- About Dream

- You reminded him a little of his brother, Nightmare. That was part of the reason why he loved you.

- When he gave some of his power to you, he was giving some of the Tree to you. It was dangerous, but he was willing to take that risk.

- Also about the same chapter: he knew the energy coming off of the flower buds. He knew who that was. Dream was trying to hold onto it as long as possible.

- Dream knew you could heal yourself at a moment's notice because of your magical trace. He also knew that you needed happy thoughts to do so.

- Nightmare took you from Dream because he knew that it would hurt him the most.

- Dream couldn't get into the castle because of his positivity signature, but he could send you the scarf because it held barely any sort of signature until it came into your possession.

- Other

- The Sanctuary was impossible to find because (like the Castle in Expiation) it is more of a state of mind only accessible by hacking or with permission of the creator.

- If you did read Expiation, there are a shit ton of parallels. Every chapter name is a mirror of the other, and many events are similar as well. Since I hate inconsistency-I've seen enough of that for me to snap-I've dedicated all of my stories to being accurate as possible. I take my fanfics very seriously.