The Mafia Bosses Son Chapter 1

**Not Edited**

"Dad I'll be fine!"

"I don't think this is a good idea."

"Mom.. Help." I groaned.

"Darnell she'll be ok. Our baby girl is smart and never gave us a reason not to trust her, not to mention she's 18 she can do this."

"I don't like it, why can't you live at home with us?"

"Because it's time that I started doing things on my own."

"Fine." He grumbled. "But call us tonight before you go to bed."

"I promise I'll call. Love you guys!"

"Love you too honey."

As you can see I'm a daddy's girl and right now he wasn't happy that I was leaving for college, even though the college was 20 mins away from our house. I think they worry about me because I was a miracle child as they put it. My mom had two miscarriages before me and the doctors told her that she couldn't have any children. But here I am, I was born 3 months early. The doctors thought that I wouldn't make it but God had other plans for me, it wasn't my time to go. My mother had another miscarriage two years after I was born. I guess I really was their miracle baby.

They spoiled me and treated me like a princess. I didn't ask for much just books and fabric, I wanted to be a swimwear and clothing designer. My parents supported me 100%. My aunt owned a boutique and put many of my items for sale so I did have little experience. Im not stupid I did have a back up plan. I also enrolled in an online career college. I fully intend to go for my dreams but I also wanted something to fall back on.

Looking around the campus I became nervous, this would be my first time in a school environment. I was homeschooled. My parents especially my dad was way overprotective. My mom has a degree in early childhood education so she knew what she was doing when it came to teaching me. Now that I'm in college she can finally teach preschool like she always wanted. I felt guilty over the years because she put her plan aside for me. I was bought out of my thoughts when a football smacked me in the face.

"Shit I'm sorry! Are you ok?"

"Yeah, yes I'm fine!" I said nervously.

"My boy over here can't catch a ball to save his life."

"Fuck you Drew!" I heard someone say from behind him. He picked up his football and smiled.

"Again I'm sorry." He said before running off.

I grabbed my suitcase and hurried to my room. Thanks to my full scholarship I had enough money to pay for my own dorm room. I wasn't the social butterfly that everyone else was so I opted for a single room. Most people complained about not having friends and being alone but I actually liked being alone, a lot less drama.

Once I got settled in I decided to explore the campus. I went to the library first. I was so amazed, I've never seen so many books in my life. I knew where I would be spending most of my time. Looking at my phone I could see that it was getting late. I may be on campus but I wasn't a fool. Nowhere is safe, especially after dark. I wasn't paying attention and ran into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" I said before looking up. He smiled.

"You again, we gotta stop meeting like this."

"I wasn't paying attention, I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing. Where are you headed?"

"To the Chinese place."