5. Acceptance

Acceptance

They all stared for a few more seconds then finally broke their line of sight and they too looked up into the pitch black cloud that was beginning to engulf the little sun that was visible through other various clouds. Looks of worry spreading through each person's expressions.

It was a further few moments before anyone broke the silence, "Alright, you've proven that you can control it, but it is still dangerous, especially in a storm..." Hiccup started but was swiftly cut off,

"No, he is my dragon, and my responsibility, I will take all punishments for any actions he takes" Helen promise. There was a long moment of silence then the riders turned and began discussing between themselves.

Strike glanced up at the howling winds and dark clouds, a sanctuary from the humans around him, but he could not leave his bonded and would wait for her command, even if it meant staying for a while longer.

"We have all decided, that you can keep Strike as long as you take full responsibility for his actions no matter how severe the punishment may be" Hiccup warned. He secretly wanted for her to accept so he could study the dragon further in a safer environment.

"Yes, he was my first, and best, friend, and I promise I will stand up for him and anything he does," she promised, eyes filled with hope.

After a few glanced at each other all the riders eventually nodded in agreement, all except Astrid who simply snorted and turned away.

The acceptance of her dragon made Helen beam, they had not fully accepted her, but she was obviously on the right track, Yes! She cheered mentally as Strike slunk his way over and leaned onto his rider's side, earning a gentle stroke on the forehead.

There was a large crash of thunder and a strike of lightning, scaring some of the terrible terrors, causing them to flee away and toward safety. The now pitch black sky lit up with streaks of lightning and the howling wind and thunderous explosions caused even Toothless to watch the sky in slight fear of it's power and might .

All but Strike, who was shaking with excitement, they had been having several storms lately and as it was clear that it was a similar, if not the same cloud they saw back at the glacier, just arriving at berk, ready to begin it's rain of terror.

"Quick, everyone get your dragons either in your house or lock up in the arena!" Astrid shouted breaking everyone out of their awe and into action. Helen helped the other riders gather all training equipment and lock it all away before all the other riders flew off toward their houses.

"Alright Strike, you ready to fly again?" Helen asked her dragon who wiggled with excitement again looking up at the stormy sky. Strike trotted happily over to the gate and waited for Helen who followed.

Strike lowered his neck and shoulders and waited while Helen gingerly swung her leg over and lowered herself onto the dragon, I will need a saddle, she though only just realizing.

The dragon rose up and trotted out of the arena, Helen grabbing onto it's head spikes. When they were clear of the arena Strike flapped his wings hard and slowly lifted off the ground, trying to not scare the human or make her fall.