Chapter 8

Hawk Moth? What was he doing here? He's in jail!

But where did Zoe and the old man go?

Confusion and questions continued to set Lise's head in a whirl. But all she could do was stare at the tall, thin man.

"These new superheroes...they're going to ruin all of my plans!" He grumbled, still flipping through the book. "I'll just have to use more Akumas to defeat them and take their Miraculouses!"

Lise watched in awe as Gabriel called out, "Dark wings rise!" And the identical suit to the short man from before appeared on his body, silver mask and all.

Lise tried to make herself smaller in her corner, but she bumped against something. She examined the wall, and noticed a large square cut into it. She pushed it in, and it opened inward like a small door.

She checked to see if Hawk Moth was looking, but he wasn't. She crawled into the passageway.

——-

The passageway--which turned out to be an air vent--led her outside of the dark room. When she broke out into the sunlight, she found herself in the courtyard of the Agreste mansion. Sun beat down on her back as she half-fell, half-crawled out of the exterior wall onto the freshly mowed grass.

Hold up...Freshly mowed?

Lise whipped around her head.

None of her friends who had been waiting above the dark room was in sight. She looked up at the Agreste mansion.

The cracks and crumbles weren't there anymore. The windows were intact. The grass was well-kept, the bushes all trimmed. The walkway was fresh, smooth concrete. The building wasn't surrounded by caution tape.

It looked brand new.

Lise gaped. She frowned, and rubbed her eyes.

How...?

"Hey."

She blinked.

A familiar boy around her age was staring at her from the steps. Where had I seen him before? His hand was grasping the strap of his bag. He had bright orange converses, a white jacket, and blue pants. His dark shirt had a few stripes across the front. "What are you doing here?" he demanded, trying to keep his cool.

"I...uh...I..."

The boy frowned, and opened his mouth to call out behind him.

"N-no, wait! Please! I didn't mean any harm." Lise looked down at her shoes.

But when she looked down, she saw her usual neon yellow converses, but she was wearing the brightest neon green leggings she could find at the supermarket, and a bright yellow sweatshirt.

She was wearing pajamas.

"Do you have any clothes that I can borrow?" She asked meekly.

Great job, Lise. The first boy you see you ask for clothes. Wow. What a great way to introduce yourself.

"Uh...no. Sorry. We don't have any clothes in your size. Or girl's clothes." The boy said. He raised an eyebrow.

"Uh...okay, thanks anyway!" Lise hurried away, out of the gates of the Agreste property.

What is going on?

——-