Chapter 32

PART III: Rediscovery

"You're still a hero even if you don't wear a mask." --anonymous

Lise clasped her hand around the metal tin containing all of the Miraculouses, and watched the kwamis in awe as they flew around her, leaving a trail of sparkling white light encircling the young girl.

They chanted a mysterious language as Lise started to hover above the ground in the alleyway near the Agreste mansion. Lise could see the pure white stone of the exterior between the black bars that kept Gabriel Agreste's only son safe within its walls.

Lise closed her eyes, as the year 2016 slipped away into darkness, and her stomach plummeted as if on a roller coaster.

This is the last time I'll ever see my parents...

No. They're home. I need to save them.

2047

A cold breeze whipped Lise's face for several moments. It ceased, and her feet touched solid ground again. She could sense from the air and the quiet that it was no longer day.

Lise opened her eyes, and looked around her.

She was still outside the Agreste mansion in the alley in the same spot, but the black gates were torn down, and she could see that the mansion was in its deteriorated state like when she left it.

I'm back. The year is 2047 again.

A scream rippled through the night. Zoe!

"What happened?" a familiar voice demanded. Nathan!

"I don't know! We fell in--We were in this weird room full of glass coffins--then this man--Lise is gone--"

Running footsteps carried her friends' voices away. Lise knew that they would feel guilty for leaving her behind, but she could reassure them later.

Because now, she had to save her parents.

------