Chapter 37

Chat Noir was doing his best to defend himself from the attacks of the five akumas. Fireballs and ice crystals kept flying at him, and he couldn't use any attacks on them.

Ladybug had hurried away to help Lise, who had been spotted by the ultimate villain.

Chat Noir jumped onto a brick building, ran up the wall, then backflipped back onto the street. The fire akuma was momentarily confused, and Chat Noir used the advantage to whack it with his staff. He turned and backhanded the ice akuma with his staff. She stumbled backward, but another akuma launched himself at him.

How could someone be so much more powerful than Hawk Moth?

And twice as evil?

What could have happened to change him?

Chat Noir couldn't know. All he knew at the moment was that Dark Collector had been able to akumatize five people at once.

----

Lise's whirling mind was starting to settle. Now when she blinked, her eyesight wasn't blurry anymore. She could focus on the fine details of the metal she was lying on.

A thin mist hung around the Eiffel Tower, causing rays to appear from the warm lights through the fog. Tucking her ponytail into her jacket, she pulled up her lavender hood and tightened the strings, shivering. The fabric smelled faintly of Marinette, since she had borrowed it the last time she stayed at her house.

She stood up slowly, taking extra care to not faint again. She supported herself by leaning her hand on a metal column near the center of the platform.

The clouds darkened overhead, and the mist grew into a steady rain.

Great. I'm hundreds of feet above the city of Paris in the rain.

A whoosh from behind startled her. Lise whirled around.

"Hello, young lady," the Dark Collector's low voice sent chills up her spine. "I've been wanting to talk to you."

-----