♡ 𝓘 𝓛𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓨𝓸𝓾 ♡

(I made this with my friends, Jax & Kira)
"Let's make this like an anime, so everything is super exaggerated" - Kira

(A/N: ITS 2011 CAUSE ITS HIGHSCHOOL YEARS HH)

(Sam's POV)

It was the warm August of 2011 and Sam was thinking about Colby again.

They had been such close friends ever since they had first met... even if it was just 2 years ago.

Something about all those lunches that had been eaten together, all those carnival rides that had been ridden together, all of those precious moments that had been spent together.

Today, Sam was feeling strange. Today, Sam was feeling different. Today, every time Sam thought of Colby, he felt weird.

He knew this year was going to be different from the others.

Sam was waiting at the bus stop like he did every day when suddenly,

"Sam!" Colby called from the distance, running from across the street, to Sam.

As Colby was running towards him, Sam's heart couldn't stop beating. Colby eventually got closer and closer. Sam thought everybody in the universe could hear his heartbeat it was so loud.

Sam coughed himself back into reality.

"Sam?" Colby stopped in front of Sam, still catching his breath from running.

"Oh, uh. Hey," Sam replied to Colby while looking down awkwardly.

As Sam looked back up, he caught a quick glimpse of Colby's eyes before he looked away, at the ground. He still could still see part of his face.

Not that he didn't do that on purpose.

Sam felt as if he needed to.

What felt like hours to Sam, passed, all he could think of were the times they had spent together.

But why... Sam thought to himself What is this feeling?... Why do I feel this way...?

"Are you okay? You seem... a bit off," Colby said to Sam, putting his hand on Sam's shoulder, moving his chin to make eye contact with him.

Sam met his eyes with Colby's once again, but this time it was longer. More passionate. Well, at least Sam it was passionate.

Sam brushed Colby's hand off of his shoulder. "Im fine," He said.

There was a moment of silence.

A bus drove by.

The bus drove by.

Sam looked at Colby and opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

They both chased after it, slowly falling further and further behind.

The bus turned at, what seemed like, every corner, making it even harder to follow.

Eventually, they lost it, or rather, it lost them.

"Fuck," Colby huffed to himself.

"We're going to get detention," Sam said, catching up to Colby.

"Well, since we're already getting detention. Do you want to just stay at home?" Colby replied, turning his head to Sam.

"Like, at our own houses?" Sam asked, still struggling to catch his breath.

"I mean, if you want but I was gonna ask if you'd like to stay at my house," He said with a nervous laugh.