Through Blind Eyes

Izuku could always feel the looks. He could feel them everywhere he went. Whether he was going to the bathroom or if he was going to the mall. The looks were always there.

"Sir, do you need some help?" A man asked. He had heavy footsteps. That was the first thing Izuku noticed.

"No thank you. Have a great day!" Izuku smiled before telling Everest wjere to go next. He enjoyed Everest pulling him around. It wad almost like he was normal.

One thing that he loved about his service dog was the company. He was never very lonely at all. It was impossible when he had his dog twenty-four seven.

"Sorry," a voice said after bumping into him. An abrupt stop of footsteps let him know that they knew.

The person who just ran into him knew he was blind. They were going to apologise. Well, that's what he assumed.

"You dropped this," a hand grabbed the blind boys and he felt his wallet being placed into his own hand.

"Thank you so much!" Izuku smiled before realizing. The person had already left. Izuku hadn't been able to see them leave.

That was another downside of being blind. Izuku could talk to someone for hours not knowing that they left. The person could just walk away and Izuku would never know.

"Everest, home," Izuku mumbled to the dog. The dog began walking him back to one of his very few solitudes.

Well, everywhere was a visual solitude. That irritated him. He hated seeing the same thing when he closed his eyes as when he had his eyes open. There was no visual solitude when you were blind.

Izuku found it odd that he had once been able to see. He remembered seeing stuff but he didn't remember what he saw. He remembered what colors were but he didn't remember what they looked like.

It was all so clashed up and crazy in his mind. He found it crazy that he could remember everything about everyone but not how he looked. It was mind blowing.

"Stairs," Izuku mumbled as he went up the stairs to his mother's and his shared apartment. What he had said earlier was true. He was so tired of constantly being watched.

It was so annoying how he couldn't tell if he was being watched. He could only assume that he felt eyes on him and would glare in that direction. He never really felt alone, but at the same time that's all he felt.

He felt as though being blind out him where everyone laid attention to him. As he walked down the street, people would look at him and possibly smile but he didn't know. People would offer to carry stuff for him and ask to pet his dog. It was as though he was spotlighted.

He also felt that with being blind he was more alone that ever. He couldn't see anyone. Without being able to see people, he felt like no one was there. Sometimes that was ok, but all the time... No.

When he opened his front door, he heard a weird sound. A clanging from the kitchen. Immediately he sent Everest away. He used his cane to get to the kitchen from there.

"Um, hello?" He called out blindly (literally).

"Don't take another step closer," a voice said.

"Ok, listen. I am blind and I can't even see what your holding at me, so I don't feel threatened at all," Izuku explained while he took a step forward.

"Shit he wanted me to rob a blind man's house! Can you just give me a valuable item so I can live and so can you?" The man asked Izuku.

"How the heck am I supposed to know where something valuable is? I think there is a vase somewhere but I can't see it to tell you," Izuku said slightly annoyed.

"Right, well, I'll be going. Bye," the man brushed past Izuku's shoulder and left, closing the front door.

Izuku went to his room and laid on his bed, he wished he could be normal. He wished he could be doing all of the stuff other twenty year olds were doing.

He pulled out his coloring book that had lines built up so he could know where they were. He began picking up random colored pencils and coloring in certain places. He didn't mind doing that.

He liked to show the pictures to his mom. She always seemed so proud of him when he did that. She always seemed to love how he would do things a sighted person would do. Izuku only did it out of boredom though.

While coloring he  turned on the audio of Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone. He listened to that while he colored and then listened to it while he laid in bed.

He listened to it as he texted his mother. He listened to it as he fell asleep. He didn't want to wake up.

When Izuku woke up he couldn't tell what time it was. He stood and walked into the kitchen. Beads had been glued down as to have a brail letter.

Dear Izuku,

I have to leave town for a day or two. It is morning now, so, you should be waking up soon. I invited Katsuki over so you could have company. Have fun while I am gone. I love you a lot!!!

Sincerely,
Mommy

Izuku sighed but be couldn't do anything about it. He would have been fine alone, but having someone else there was usually a requirement from his mother. It used to be one of the neighbors checking every hour.

A knock sounded on the door and Izuku went to open it. When he did he just kind of stared blankly not knowing if anyone was actually there.

"Ahem," the person coughed. Izuku lived aside and let them in knowing they were Katsuki Bakugo.

"So, you can stay in my room if you want. I can sleep in my mom's," Izuku suggested.

"Whatever," scoffed the male.