We Listen With Deaf Ears

2k reads? Guys that's awesome!!!

The child screamed as he was ripped from his mother's arms. He wailed. What was happening?

The child felt a pain in his arm as the mean man stabbed down on it. Red was all the child could see. Nothing but red. A crimson red that he thought he would never forget.

But he would lose sight of it. He would lose sight of everything. When he came to, everything was different.

There was a beeping next to him. The sound of sobs could be heard and he recognized the sound as his mother. His eyes shot open but everything was dark. It was all black.

He screamed at the darkness surrounding him. He just wanted to see his mother. He wanted to see her warm smile as she hugged him.

"Mommy, Mommy where are you?" The boy screamed into the void of darkness. He felt arms wrap around him. He tried to open his eyes only to find they were open.

Where did all of the colors go? Why could he not see? Did he have a blindfold on?

The child began to claw at his face. He screamed as he tried to read away the nonexistent material over his eyes. Blood trickled from his fingernails as he scraped his face.

He wanted the darkness to leave him. Then it all disappeared. He was not screaming no he was in his room, crying.

Then he felt the warmth of a big. He felt calm. He was not some blind kid, he was just Izuku.

The greenettes eyes shot open as someone shook him. He felt tears on his face as he looked around for the crimson color of Katsuki's eyes.

"You were screaming so I decided to wake you up. Are you ok?" Katsuki asked. Izuku nodded and smiled.

"Can I tell you a story?" Izuku questioned.

"Let's go into the restaurant and order first and you can tell me over a meal, yeah?" Katsuki wiped the tears from the smaller boys face.

"Yeah, ok," Izuku agreed.

Katsuki opened Izuku's door and guided him to the restaurant. Izuku had his cane with him too. He could feel the gazes on him as he entered.

"Table for two in a private area please," Katsuki said the the server. Izuku guessed the server was female and wore heels as the click was one they only came from female shoes.

"Right this way, sir," the server said. They had a feminine voice.

Katsuki sat Izuku down in a chair then walked over to sit in the other. Izuku looked up at Katsuki and inhaled. He was going to tell of one of his scariest days ever.

"What did you want to tell me?" Katsuki questioned.

"Just listen. Two years ago, my mom and I went on a trip to New York. I was supposed to be giving a speech in central park. They ask me to do that kind of stuff because I am blind.

"The first speaker was rushed off of the stage in the middle of his speech. He was deaf and had learned to talk through speech lessons. There were a lot of people there. It wasn't just the school it was nearly the entire population of New York.

"Suddenly, people were screaming. I had Everest with me and she was tugging on my arm. She wanted me to run, but I couldn't see anything. My mom was no longer near me, so I assumed she ran.

"This crowd of people swarmed me and there were these loud bangs heard throughout the area. Suddenly someone pulled me to them. They only said two words, 'Izuku run.' So I did.

"I let Everest pull me along but I kept tripping. I couldn't see the roots of the trees. I couldn't see the bags that had been abandoned. I couldn't see the trees that stood in my way, or the people.

"No one helped me and the banging went off again. Soon we reached and area and someone huddled me to the ground. They forcefully tugged my arm down.

"More bangs went off and it was closer this time. Police officers were screaming at us to run. Everest was barking trying to get someone to help me. No one cared that I was blind and couldn't see anything.

"I let Everest drag me again. That was until I no longer felt the cloth in my hand. She had accidentally tugged too hard. So I was alone.

"I was screaming for Everest. I was screaming for help. My cane was with my mom and I could only hope she was with someone else. A hand suddenly grabbed mine.

"Izuku, it will be ok, they said. They then took off running with me being tugged behind them like a dog. When I tripped again, the person didn't come back to help me.

"The banging went off again. I just sat where I was and covered my head. I sobbed and screamed. Then there was another person. They didn't speak just hauled me onto their back and ran.

"We got out of the park and made it to the street. Police officers were everywhere. They screamed at us to get down. To get away from the park as soon as possible.

"The person carrying me brought me somewhere and finally set me down. I felt something being pressed into my hand and then felt a snout rub on my face.

"This person had saved me and Everest. I that led them but they didn't speak. I then felt a hand being pressed to my own.

"This person was the deaf person who was first speaking. They had saved me. They only spoke few words but it was comforting," Izuku told his tale.

"Why did you tell me this story?" Katsuki asked, confused.

"That was the only time I ever felt truly alone. Now I don't feel alone because I have you. That's why I told you this story. Because with you I don't feel like I am alone in a crowd of millions," Izuku explained.

"What was the banging?" Katsuki asked.

"Gunshots."