2

edited 

WARNING: BLOOD AND KILLING

2| NEW FEELINGS AND SMOKE BOMBS

The smells of blood in the air put Lucille in a trance. She felt neither guilt nor nervous butterflies as she fought her way through the hydra building. She pushed her hand in a man's chest and ripped his heart out. But soon she released a breath as the adrenaline stopped flowing through her system. She snapped out of the trance and began to return to complete consciousness. The vampire tried so hard not to feel anything as she looked at all the bodies surrounding her. But she felt an awful feeling settling in her stomach. She couldn't help the itch to kill more. It was an instinct that couldn't go away.

Her head snapped up as she heard footsteps. Exquisite scents invaded her nose, they were the best scents she had ever smelled. But the scent didn't scream into her mind. Kill, itnormallydemanded. No, on the contrary. Protect mates, it yelled. Eight people stood in the room with her and Lucille couldn't help but take a defensive position and let her eyes turn black. She didn't know these people, although they gave her a weird sense of safety and home. One word in particular kept repeating itself, but she ignored it. Instead she focused on the people in weird clothing in front of her. The agents she encountered always wore different clothing than she was used to. Even Lucille herself. She felt atrocious the first time she realised she was wearing pants. But these people in front of her, looked even more particular. Colourful like the flag of America. And since when was imitating a machine a costume?

The group of heroes kept glancing back between the dead bodies scattered around the room and to Lucille. They couldn't see her face. As it was adorned with dried blood and dirt. It looked like she had black paint over her face. Her hair was messy and it looked like she hadn't properly washed it in weeks.

"Hey." The soft voice of a man made Lucille look up at him. She felt confusion swarm inside of her, no one had talked to her like that. No one that hadn't been family. He had long brown hair and wore a kind smile, he looked at her with sympathy and understanding. Her eyes darted to his metal arm and his weapons. And a distant feeling of recognition brewed up. On instinct her hands itched to her weapons and she felt her canines grow. This man was linked with hydra. Which meant he was her enemy.

He tried to assure her as he saw her movements. "It's okay, we're not here to hurt you." She had turned her back on those who had created this version of her. They were all here to get revenge. Seeing as none of them wore a shield patch.

She was thinking about escaping and her eyes darted to window and back to the man so fast that only Pietro saw it. Lucille felt so unsettled, she knew this man. But her memories had long abandoned her. They came and disappeared as the wind. Some days she could remember her family, the eyes of her Maman, but the next she didn't even know her own name.

Lucille moved uncomfortably as she felt places on her skin sending sparks. She didn't know what it meant at the time. Only that it was a new feeling, and at this moment, when she was surrounded by enemies, receiving emotions were a weakness. She closed her hand around her wrist, clenching around it so hard, that her nails drew blood.

The man in front of her smiled as he saw her hand covering her wrist. "You feel it?" She furrowed her brows as she couldn't understand his behaviour. She stepped back, she didn't feel on ease. Enemies weren't supposed to smile.

Her eyes scanned the rest of the room and quickly felt intimidated by the group. She could smell that five person were different. Meta-humans. Normally being outnumbered wasn't a problem for her. But as there were other meta-humans, she had a chance of losing this fight.

One male had a suit of iron protecting him, and the two other people were heavily armed.

She didn't like the odds, and she could not come up with any strategy. Her mind was racing. She was overwhelmed and she started panicking. Never in her time she could remember, had she felt this much emotions.

So she did the only other thing she could think about.

Lucille ran and jumped through the window, the glass didn't hurt her as it flew everywhere. She landed gracefully to the ground and ran to the forest. As she used her heightened speed a silver light followed her.

She didn't expect it and didn't see a tree branch as she fell over it. The silver streak stopped following her and the vampire noticed it was a boy. One with silver hair and a kind smile, she crawled away from him and she saw hurt flash through his eyes.

She felt her wrist sparkle and she wrapped her hand over it. His eyes followed her hand and he grinned lightly.

But his smile faded as soon as it came. "I'm sorry for this." He covered his mouth with a mask and threw something in front of her. Her eyes widen and she tried to run from it but the smell had already invaded her senses.

Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she fell backwards, but she didn't hit the ground, arms caught her. "It's okay, princess." 

Hi! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!

Editing this story is fun because I'm rereading old comments and they are making my heart melt! So thank you for being so nice readers!!!!