9

edited

warning: ptsd, french

9| FAILING AND NOT KNOWING

A/N : Lucille lost all of her memories except one. 

"Are you okay?" A blond woman asked. She was worried of Lucille's state. She had blood covering her clothes and looked extremely confused and scared. 

"Pardon?" Lucille turned around from her staring at a random café that seemed oddly familiar to see the woman. It had been a dark café. A cheap one with very bad lighting. There was a TV in the middle of it but it was covered by the puffs of smoke. 

The blond woman raised her eyebrows as Lucille answered in French. "Lucille Mercy?" The said woman frowned at the name, she had heard of it before, she knew. Why was it so familiar. Was she a friend of hers?

"Je ne sais pas qui est Lucille." She said after a while of thinking, it laid on the tip of her tongue. She knew who Lucille was, she had to.

[ I don't know who Lucille is ]

"Qui êtes-vous?" The blond woman's face changed into one of sympathy and realisation as she turned her head back around to face Lucille. It was like she had been talking to an imaginary person as she turned to the left to hear something better. She also wore a strange earing. 

[ Who are you? ]

"Je m'appelle Sharon Carter, ravie de vous recontrer." The former vampire muttered something beneath her breath but the blond didn't hear it. Lucille was confused.

Why did everything look so different? What was she wearing, what were the rest wearing? Where was her house? Was her family okay? Were they hurt?

[ I am Sharon Carter, it's nice to meet you ]

"Ma famille?" She had a feeling that the woman would know something, otherwise she wouldn't have asked her something? The woman seemed to know who she was. She seemed keen on holding the converation. 

Sharon looked like someone from a good family, a richer one than hers. And the rich don't associate with the poor. The rich weren't to be trusted, her mother always said. So the reason why she was talking to her, was because they knew each other. 

[ My family? ]

Sharon shook her head lightly and the woman, who didn't even remember her own name, visibly shrunk into herself.

"J'ai failli à ma famille. Je les ai laissé mourir." She muttered to herself. Tears were falling from her eyes and she couldn't stop them. She was the reason why they were dead. She made a promise to protect them. But Lucille had to be a coward and run to a cave. Leaving her family to fend for themself. She had been incredibly selfish. And this being the only memory she had was horrible.

[ I failed my family. I let them die. ]

Sharon came closer and it made Lucille flinch. She didn't know why but it made her instincts scream at her to run. It made her scared of what the stranger would do. 

But the woman hushed her gently and pulled her into her arms, whispering assuring words.

A little later she sat in an apartment. In Sharon's. Her instincts were still saying things, but only positive. Trust her. She's safe.

Lucille's hair was still dripping from the shower she had. Now there was no blood to be seen. She was even wearing new clothes.

"Qu'est- ce que tu veux faire, maintenant?" Sharon asked as she walked back into the room with a plate with food on it. It looked delicious, some of the things she had never seen before. She guessed that it was because she was poor. 

[ What do you want to do now? ]

What did she want to do? Her family was dead and she knew nobody except Sharon. "Tu as des livres?" The blond shook her head.

"No, mais nous pourons aller à un librairie?"

[ Do you have books? ]

[ No, but we can go to a bookstore? ]

"Oui, j'aimerias bien."

[ Yes, I would like that. ]