17

edited 

SHARKS AND CHEEKY FLIRTING

God, she felt exhausted. After the day before she didn't she had felt anything like tiredness before. But she was so wrong.

She was buried under extremely deep layer of unconsciousness. And it wasn't the comfortable kind.

Lucille wanted to wake up, she wanted to start the day. But it felt like she was swimming under water. So far away from the surface that it was completely dark. You didn't know which way was up and which was down. And the only thing you could see were the occasional glowing fish.

Those fish were memories.

But they felt like sharks. She didn't want to swim near them because they would probably eat her. Yet, she also didn't want to stay underwater forever.

So she decided that she had to approach the sharks. Even they hurt her, bit her and spat her back out to do it all over again. She endured it. Because after this..., after this she could swim back to her mates. They were tanning on the beach, eating ice cream and hotdogs.

She had to go back to her mates, so she swam up, up, and up.

Up, up, up, up.

When she reached the surface she took a deep breath and looked around.

Where was she?

Lucille was in the bathroom with her mates surrounding her. She sat in the bathtub full with ice. And when she had opened her eyes everyone had exhaled a breath of relief.

Except Lucille.

She was now conscious of every mistake she had made, every murder she had committed. She couldn't be happy for herself. So when the rest was happy she had survived the fever dreams, she began sobbing.

And the horrible crying continued for a very long while. But eventually when Bucky had asked for privacy, she had calmed down just a bit.

And now it was night time again. She was laying in bed while the rest sat around her. Cautiously and gently asking questions she wasn't able to answer before.

Lucille had given them quite the shock. When they had woken up they had found her in a puddle of her own sweat, tears and vomit. And she had an extremely high fever.

The whole day was spent in watching over her. But they were sure that all these terrible days will pay off in the end.

Steve put his palm on Lucille forehead for the second time that minute. And she glared at him. "Stop," She whined in a childish voice.

"You're still burning up."

She smiled cheekily. "I'm fine I'm just smitten by your presence."

-

It took a few hours before Lucille felt well enough to have a serious talk. About the memories and almost killing Peter. And in only a few minutes she had apologised a thousand times. As she knew running away wouldn't help anyway.

They would always find her.

It was very confusing for her. That they still forgave her after everything she had done.

Lucille had bit Tony. Then bit Pietro. She ran away, multiple times. Almost killed Peter and then continued to run away. Again.

But they had assured her a thousand times back that they would always find each other.