bruce

Her days with Bruce alleviating.

Their days together were always calm. Lazy days in his lab or bed. Spending hours in each other's arms. Meditating in the early hours of the morning. Or smoking weed together in the late hours of the night.

But at this very moment, in the small hospital wing, they were anything but calm.

Peter had dropped her off there after he saw all the blood, full in panic mode. Bruce had joined them within seconds and had ushered Peter out the room. The bright lights of the room bothered her, so did the sound of the air conditioning. Everything was loud all of the sudden.

"Can you open your hand for me?" He asked Lucille very gently as he saw that she was completely frozen up. Lucille, who had paled considerably, nodded shakily but made no move to let him see the non-existent wound.

Bruce led her to the hospital bed in the middle of the room and sat her down on it. Then he pried her fingers open one by one. He froze up just like Lucille had as he stared at her bloody hand.

"There's no wound." She nodded. "But Peter had said you cut your hand." She nodded again.

There were other explanations of course. Like how it was maybe not her blood. But then Peter wouldn't have rushed her in like he did.

Her next words confirmed Bruce's fear: "It healed."

His thoughts ran through his head at in incredible speed. They had done a test on her, and there were no traces of meta-human in her. They asked Lucille questions, she felt no trace of the serum. No after effects. She felt normal.

But then comes the question, what is normal to her? Does she even remember how it felt to be completely human? She may have the memories, but she does she recall it? Does she recognise the feeling of being normal? Could they have really depended on Lucille's state of mind?

Before he could contemplate more about, there was a knock on the door. "Hey, you guys okay in there?" It was a very good thing that Steve always respected his team's privacy, otherwise the others would have barged into the small hospital wing already.

Bruce and Lucille looked at each other and silently communicated with each other. They had the same look in their eyes, and they had the same idea.

"Yes, we're doing okay. We'll be out in a minute." Bruce cleaned up her hand and bandaged it up. He tried to be as gentle as possible. He was sure that this was all very familiar for her.

The blood, the hospital gear, the bandages...

But Lucille wasn't so shaken up by that. It was caused by the fact that she was now lying to them.

"You ready?" She nodded and let her feet land on the floor. She wasn't wearing shoes so the cold was a bit shocking, but it was what grounded her.

As they opened the door they were met by Peter, Natasha and Steve. The others weren't notified yet. Lucille was bombarded by concerned looks and questions until Bruce said it was probably wiser to let her rest for a while.

She assured them that she could walk to her room by herself, and by the time she actually arrived there, multiple tears had escaped from her eyes. She had been lucky she hadn't encountered anyone else on her way there.

She didn't even have time to let the tears flow before Bruce joined her in her bedroom. She felt the bed dip next to her but didn't dare to break the silence.

"Do you maybe have any idea what this might mean? Anything that could make sense?" His tranquil voice did nothing to the sudden frustration spiking in her.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know what this means? I'm not a scientist! I can't even fucking read!" Bruce flinched slightly at her raised voice but tried to keep the situation in hands.

"Hey, it's alright. I didn't mean anything offensive by it." She knew that, but she couldn't apologise for yelling.

Bruce moved closer to her and put one of his arms around her shoulders. Instead of hugging him back, she tensed against him. "It's alright, Luci. We'll figure it out."

She straightened up and separated herself from him. "Can you please leave? I'd like to be alone."

"Yeah, of course." He felt his voice break slightly. He kissed her on her cheek and on her forehead multiple times. Butterflies' kisses in the hopes of getting a smile from her, but it didn't work as she pulled away again.

As soon as he left her room, she leaned forward and buried her face in her hands.

God, what was she a coward.

Always running away, keeping secrets and detaching herself from her mates. 

Lucille can only read Russian, and she never learned to read in another language. 

Also, I meant to update yesterday but I got sick a few days ago. I hope it's just the flu, but I already did a test (for miss corona) and I guess we'll see. I feel horrible and I've been stuck in my room :(. 

Tell me about your day, or what you thought about this chapter. Or literally anything else. I will answer you so I'll have something to do <3. 

Have a lovely day!