Chapter 101 - The Sword Of Gryffindor

"But surely," Bellatrix spoke as she approached us, "this is the Mudblood girl? This is Granger?"

"Yes, yes, it's Granger!" cried Lucius. "And beside her, we think, Potter! Potter and his friends, caught at last!"

"Potter?" she shrieked and backed away, the better to take in Harry. "What happened to his face?"

No one answered.

"Looks like he ran into a stinging jinx. . . ." she said as her eyes landed on me. "Was it you, dear?"

I stayed silent, feeling too scared to even let a single word out of my mouth.

"Give me her wand," Bellatrix said. "We'll see what her last spell was."

She stopped abruptly, staring at something behind me.

"What is that?" she said.

"Sword," one of the Snatchers said.

"Give it to me."

"It's not yorn, missus, it's mine, I reckon I found it."

There was a bang and a flash of red light and then the other Snatchers raised their wands.

"What d'you think you're playing at, woman?"

"Stupefy!" she screamed. "Stupefy!"

She stunned them one by one until only Greyback remained.

"Where did you get this sword?" she asked him. "Snape sent it to my vault in Gringotts!"

Hermione and I exchanged a confused look.

"It was in their tent," he said.

"Put the prisoners in the cellar," she said angrily. "Except. . . . the girls."

Hermione and I looked at each other with wide eyes, but then I saw Harry staring at me, looking quite terrified, and felt my heart tighten in my chest. I let out a long, ragged breath as he and Ron disappeared out of sight.

"That sword is meant to be in my vault at Gringotts," Bellatrix said. "How did you get it?"

Hermione and I stayed silent.

"I said," Bellatrix bellowed before she forcefully grabbed Hermione and threw her on the floor, "how did you get it?"

"Leave her alone!" I shouted.

Bellatrix smirked at me. "Would you care to tell me, then?"

I gulped nervously, trying to figure out what I should do or say next.

"Hmm?"

Bellatrix then kneeled in front of Hermione and grabbed her arm. I could not see what she was doing next, but Hermione let out a terrible scream, causing my blood to freeze in my veins.

"Stop it!" I shouted.

"Tell me!" Bellatrix shrieked angrily.

"We didn't take anything!" I said.

"Liar!" she screamed and raised her wand in my direction so that I was thrown off my feet.

I groaned as my head hit the floor.

"Crucio!"

I felt immense pain throughout my entire body and screamed.

"We found it — we found it — PLEASE!" Hermione said through her sobs.

"You found it?" Bellatrix shouted, then laughed maliciously. "You filthy Mudblood, you're LYING!"

Hermione gave another terrible scream.