Chapter 23

The hospital had decided to administer a Saline I.V. bag to help her overcome her tiredness. Her two colleagues who were kind enough to accompany her to the hospital had also decided to be the source of entertainment for her and she lied down on the hard hospital blood with her veins pierced by needles.

Raghuvaran had arrived moments earlier and was now in the doctor's cabin, escorted by a very smitten nurse. For some reason, the nurse throwing her googly eyes at Raghu had annoyed Radhika a lot. She wanted to tell her off but refrained from doing so.
But on the other hand she was also irritated by the fake concern her husband displayed in front of her colleagues. She wanted to yank his hair and tell him to stop putting up an act for other people. Lucky for him, the fanatical nurse had shown up just in time to guide him down the hallway to the doctor's room, otherwise she would have turned into a wild beast trying to rip his head off of his body. She was feeling very moody and confused, and the mix of emotions she was feeling was making her even more cranky and grumpy.

Rekha was thrilled beyond expectations. She would be welcoming her sweet little niece or nephew in a couple of months. She couldn't contain her excitement when the consulting doctor had informed her about Radhika's pregnancy,  sneakily behind her brother's back. She immediately walked into the emergency ward to meet her beloved sister-in-law. Radhika was in a state of half consciousness when she approached her bed but that didn't stop her from exclaiming, 'Oh, Radhika you have made me the happiest person on earth. You don't know how long I have waited for this day.'
'What day?', Radhika asked slightly disoriented.
'Oh My God! They didn't tell you?'
'Tell me what?'
'That You are pregnant!', Rekha said practically shouting.
Radhika couldn't believe her ears. Sneha and Diana were squealing and gushing all over her.
'This is huge! You are going to have your first child', Diana said hugging her.
Sneha kept trying to give her tips and Rekha was slightly hysterical, maybe even sobbing a bit. But Radhika was completely dazed. She didn't know how to react. She kept opening and closing her mouth trying to figure out what to say.
The nurse from before had again reappeared with a wheelchair to take Radhika to the Doctor's room. The nurse had to wheel a still completely dazed Radhika to the room.
Once she was settled into one of the uncomfortable patient's chair, right next to Raghu. The doctor congratulated her on her newly developed pregnancy and gave her pamphlets that expecting mothers were required to read. The doctor even prescribed dome pre natal tablets and vitamins for the fetus. After scheduling an appointment the following week, for a thorough check up, she bade Radhika and Raghu, a very warm farewell.
Then they both went towards the emergency ward, Raghu walking and Radhika in a wheelchair, pushed by another nurse. Rekha,  Sneha and Diana were waiting for them to return by Radhika's bed keen to know what the doctor had said to them. Once they were satisfied with the word to word narration Raghu provided, they made a move to leave while Raghu went ahead to settle Radhika's medical bills. Radhika had a good mind to leave without him but decided to wait so as not to raise any suspicions in Rekha's mind.

They drove back silently both sensing major Deja vu. She also was annoyed by how slow the vehicle was moving even though there was no traffic but couldnt stay mad at it as her mind drifted to the baby on the way. She was absolutely scared and clueless about what she was going to experience. And she didn't know if she was happy or sad about the current situation she was in. She had always yearned for a baby to mitigate her loneliness and now she got what she always wanted but still she was not sure if having a baby was a good idea while she was in such an unstable relationship.

They soon reached their apartment. Radhika just wanted to collapse on her bed. Her eyelids were drooping with exhaustion. As she was making her way towards the bedroom, Raghu stopped her by grabbing one of her wrists causing Radhika to slink away from his grip as if he was a slimy creature.
Pretending not to notice her reaction, Raghu started speaking.
'Radhika, I don't think it is the right time for us to be parents. You should abort this pregnancy.'