Chapter 24

Radhika, I don't think it is the right time for us to be parents. You should abort this pregnancy.' Raghu said with conviction.
Radhika snapped her head up and swung her hand as hard as she could and landed a slap across his his cheeks before either of them could understand what was happening.
Hus face held an expression of shock before it slowly it turned into a one of malice. He lurched ahead and grabbed Radhika by her long hair. Radhika whimpered in pain.
'You think you are better than me, don't you? The cultured, traditional girl bullshit you have going on might have fooled the others, but not me.', Raghu said menacingly
'You are hurting me', Radhika cried, but he continued to tighten his grip on her hair, ignoring her.
'You are a worthless piece of shit that was thrusted upon me, always remember that. I never wanted you and will never want you.  I let you treat me like crap,  the last few weeks, because of a drunken mistaken I committed, but not anymore. So, don't you ever think you can take any of your wifely liberties with me. Do you understand? Tell me, Do you understand?'
'Yes, yes, I understand.', Radhika said quickly to be free of the pain.
'Good', He pushed her towards the floor, letting go of her luscious black hair and walked out of the front door, leaving her in cold, hard ground.
Radhika sat up trying to fight back the tears. She didn't think Raghu could hurt her any more than he already did. But he did and She knew what she had to do now.

*************************

Raghu stormed into his office, still enraged by Radhika's audacity to slap him. Sateesh was waiting for him
'What?' he snapped at Sateesh. Sateesh sighed at his friend's annoyance.
'The CBI has released a statement. Apparently, the man you arrested and presented to the court as Razak is a fraud. He was a decoy planted by Razak when he was tipped off about our plan.'
Raghu was exasperated at the new turn of events. He thought he had shut Razak's case file for good. As the assigned officer, he will be summoned by his superior officers to explain his negligence.
He was at fault here. No one else could be blamed. He should have found it suspicious, when the man didn't put up a fight to escape. The way he had received the information and how smoothly the mission was executed was too good to be true. He should have known. And now he would have to face the consequences. He was sure someone had cursed his once well to do life and that was what has been causing him misery.
He soon became engrossed in the pending case files he had to work on.
In the evening he walked out to have tea from the tea shop across the station. He ordered a tea and 2 fritters and ate them without any relish.
The waiter delivered the bill to his table without him asking. He opened the wallet to find a note.

'Did you give upon us? Come find me. We will spend eternity together.' -Revathy

He grabbed the bill wallet and rushed to the manager.
'Who put this note along with the bill?'
The manager didn't know anything about it and many customers handled the bill wallet and it could have been anyone.
Upset at being outsmarted again, he drove back to his apartment.
He rang the bell but no one responded. He unlocked the door with his own key to enter the apartment. Radhika was nowhere to be found. Her space in the cupboard was emptied out. None of her belongings were to be found anywhere. There was a note placed on the dining table.
'I have left the keys with the watchman. Don't bother looking for me.'