The Escape

Blanche was in bed. But not asleep. She stared up at the ceiling, waiting for the cue to escape. Adrenaline pumped through her veins- this could be the chance to escape. She had gone over the plan at least 50 times:

-When the alarms sound, run outside.

-Meet Chubs by the watch tower.

-Run to the gates.

-Escape.

Simple as!

A red glow flashed in the windows and that's when the screech of the alarms went off.

Sprinting over to the watch tower, she saw Chubs running out from the bottom, he had lost quite a bit of weight since they met but it wouldn't be the same if he wasn't called Chubs. Anyways, she grabbed onto Chubs' wrist and ran towards the gates. Chubs had just deactivated the white noise machines.

Looking towards the gates, she saw the boy from the Mess Hall, Liam, with his eyes blue, trying to push the gate.

Liam POV

I was trying to force the gate but it wouldn't budge. I'd moved smaller objects with the League, but a gate as big as this, I don't know.
I looked to my left and saw a girl with hair as dark as night, running towards me. She looked my in the eyes, nodding. I could've swore I saw them turn white. She then turned towards the gate, lifting her hand, helping to push it down.

The screws on the gate began to turn, sparks flew and the gate fell. A swarm of green, blue and yellow ran towards to gate.

We were escaping.

I turned to my left to look at the girl. Her eyes were white. She wasn't a blue, what was she? I heard her yell,
"Go!"
I turned and picked up a small girl with dark hair in a yellow top. "Hold on, you're okay, I've got you." I headed over the gate, running with this girl in my arms.

I looked back to the girl with the white eyes to see her lifting a boy in a green top and glasses.

Switch back

"Chubs!" She yelled.
Blanche saw Chubs on the floor, gripping his ankle.

"I can't! Blanche, my ankle." He cried.

"No Chubs! I'm not leaving you!" She put her arm under his and lifted him.

Looking to her right, she saw the boy in blue, Liam, lifting a girl in yellow.

"Chubs if we are gonna get out of here you have to trust me!" Blanche yelled over the sound of helicopters flying in. Chubs nodded. The tingle came back, gliding from her shoulders, down her arms, to the very tips of her fingers. She lifted Chubs' body and ran, over the gate, into the woods, out of Caledonia.

~~~~~~~~~~

Blanche ran, with Chubs floating alongside her for a few miles, the adrenaline never leaving her system, making her run as far away from that hell hole as possible.

She reached a clearing in the woods and settled Chubs down.
"Chubs you're gonna be okay, I promise" Blanche whispered to him. Chubs only muttered in response and drifted to sleep. Blanche tried to stay awake but she hadn't used her powers that much since she first arrived at the camp. She felt her eyelids getting heavy and soon she drifted too.