Leaving Betty

Blanche woke up, surrounded by blankets and pillows. Looking up she saw the roof of a van. Betty. Sitting up she heard voices. Liam and Chubs.

"We can't travel with her anymore"

"Why not?"

"Because it's for our own good."

"And how do you know that?"

"I'm a green I can count on that. Listen, you're getting to sentimental over this. You've got to let her go."

Blanche stifled out a small sob. She knew she shouldn't have used her more dangerous abilities. They would fear her. She would be the monster that her father always said she was. She picked up some of her clothes, shoved them in her back pack and got out of Betty, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

She stormed past the area where Liam and Chubs were sat on logs, she made eye contact with them, like icy daggers being fired.

"Blanche!" Liam yelled, standing up.

"Blanche were are you going?" Chubs asked.

"I'm sorry. I'm not safe- I don't even understand my abilities. I should leave-"

"Blanche, come back here. We were talking about Betty, not your white ass." Chubs announced, chuckling.

"Here, sit down darlin." Liam said, patting the log next to him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you or anything. My abilities are stronger than I thought. I- I'm a monster. Just like he always sa-"

"Blanche. Hear me out. I'm gonna be biased because I'm your best friend. But you are not a monster. Lady Jane would've smoked our asses back there if it weren't for you." Chubs told her.

"You would never be a monster to us. We're all a family. A dysfunctional one. But still a family." Liam said, placing his arm over Blanche's shoulder. "We've got to get going darlin. I'll get Zu" He whispered into her hair, placing a light kiss on it.

~~~~~~~~~

"It feels like we should do something," Liam said. "Like, send her off on a barge out to sea and set her on fire. Let her go out in a blaze of glory."

Chubs raised an eyebrow.
"It's a minivan, not a Viking.

They all laughed and turned back to the opening in the trees. Chubs led in the front, holding a map almost bigger than him. Zu skipper alongside him, occasionally stopping to pick a flower.

That left Liam and Blanche at the back. They walked in silence until Liam reached down and slid his fingers in between Blanche's. He rose her hand to his lips and placed a light kiss on it.

"Don't try and run again darlin. I'll always come after you. There's no splitting us up."

They stopped walking, Chubs and Zu continuing. Liam placed one hand around Blanche's waist, pulling her closer. The other hand tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. Her arms went around his neck and he slowly leant in. Blanche breathed in his scent- mint and vanilla. She leant forwards and closed the gap. Their lips touched. Sparks went off in Blanche's stomach as all the butterflies exploded into the most beautiful sky full of stars. His lips were soft and they moved in a rhythm that wasn't slow but wasn't rushed. If this moment could last foreve-

"Finally!" Chubs' voice broke the moment. Blanche and Liam broke apart to see a smirking Chubs and a giggling Zu. A small blush crept onto Blanche and Liam's cheeks.

"Come on guys, we aren't far."