Wisteria

Blanche awoke to the sound of birds tweeting and warm sunlight fluttering against her eyelids. Wait. This wasn't camp.

All the memories came flashing back and she shot up. "Chubs! Chubs! Are you okay" She looked over to see Chubs sat up against a tree.

"Blanche I'm fine. Probably just a sprained ankle." He responded.

Blanche sighed in relief, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Chubs we did it! We escaped." Blanche said, half laughing, half almost sobbing.

"Yeah, we did. I-"

Chubs was cut off by the sound of a voice. They could hear their footsteps heading towards them. What if it was the guards from camp come to get them? Blanche worried.

The strangers shadows were coming closer, Blanche felt the tingle appearing, sitting at bay, ready to fight.

Blanche looked up. It was Liam and the girl in yellow. Chubs let out a sigh.

"Hey! Liam!" Blanche yelled. Liam turned and jumped, eyes glowing blue before calming back to their darker shade.

"Hey, you're that girl. From the camp. The-" Liam pointed to his eyes, "white?"

Blanche stood up, stepping closer to Liam so that she could feel his warm breath reach her face. "Indeed I am, Mr Stewart. Nice work with the gate."

Liam opened his mouth to respond but was cut off-

"And who is this little cutie, eh?" Blanche asked, bending down to smile and the little girl. 

Liam answered. "Ah, that's Suzume, or Zu, as she likes to be called."

"Well hello Zu, I am Blanche." She said, sticking out her hand to the smaller, gloved one. Zu shook it, a big grin on her face.

"What was your name again, darlin? Blanche? As in, French for white?" Liam asked.

Chubs responded, "Ironic, I know right?" The boys chuckled. I'm Charles.

"Charles! You're the one who cancelled the white noise right?"
Charles nodded.

"What have you got there?" Blanche asked, pointing to Liam's backpack.

"Oh, just supplies and first aid kits. Can never be too safe right?" Liam answered.

"First aid?" Blanche asked, turning to Chubs, "Could you help Chubs?"

"Chubs?"

"Its a nickname I gave him, he used to be a lot beefier when I first met him." Blanche let out a light giggle.

"I can hear you, ya know!" Chubs said, giggling too.

Blanche, Liam and Zu sat down around Chubs. Blanche explained her white abilities and how she has a little bit of everything in her. But she has only ever used telekinesis, enhanced intelligence and mind control. Liam seemed surprised at how the PSFs never caught her but she explained the story of the day she arrived in Caledonia.

After Blanche tried using the first aid kit to bandage and support Chubs' ankle, Liam had to do it properly.

"For someone who is supposed to be part green you aren't very smart" Liam said.

"Oi!" Blanche responded, punching him  in the arm.

Liam faked a wince and grabbed his arm, "Aren't you just something fierce?"

"When I was in Caledonia. I had these guys in my dorm. They spoke about a kid, The Slip Kid. Supposedly he runs this camp, a safe haven for kids. The guys used to say it was on the east river. Some say he's an orange." At this Blanche gasped. "We-" Liam stumbled, looking down, "I had this idea that we could go and find it. See if it's true. It's a place where we will all be safe."

"It sounds wonderful Liam." Blanche said, stroking his arm. "How about, tomorrow we will find the nearest garage and get ourselves a car? Then we can go find this Slip Kid."

Liam nodded.

"Charles, lie down. You need to rest." Liam told the other boy.

Chubs closed his eyes and muttered just loud enough that Liam could hear it, "is Chubs to you."

"Fancy a walk darlin?" Liam asked Blanche as he stood up, reaching his hand out to her. She took it. "Zu, are you gonna stay here with Chubs?" The little girl nodded.

Liam and Blanche walked into the woods, hands never letting go. Liam stopped when he saw an archway made of wisteria.

Liam let go of her hand and his eyes went blue

Liam let go of her hand and his eyes went blue. He stretched out to one of the lilac flowers and lifted it off of the plant. It floated in the air and landed in Blanches hands. At this gesture, she had to admit that her cheeks went a little bit rosy. She looked up at Liam, there eyes locking. Looking into them seemed like all her worries were gone.
She felt like she had known him forever.

When he finally spoke it almost came out in a whisper, "Blanche".

His eyes drifted to her lips and he leant in. She tilted her head, closing her eyes.
She pulled away. She remembered. He could never love her if he knew who she really was. She dropped the flower.

"I'm sorry Liam, I can't."

"It's okay. Don't be sorry."
He took her hand into his and began rubbing his thumb in small circles around her palm. "One day you're gonna tell me all about you, Blanche, and I can't wait to hear it."