02. SOMEWHERE TO RUN

TWO MONTHS HAD PASSED and winter was finally over. The group had been driving for a good part of the morning and then some. After their most recent stop had turned out to be a dud, they were back on the road again.

Remmi yawned as Daryl's bike came to a stop. "Tired?" Daryl asked her.

"Extremely," She told him as they made their way around the green Escape.

"We're just running around in circles," T-Dog told Rick.

"Yeah, like we did all winter," Remmi agreed.

Glenn scoffed and laughed, "Like you were even awake for half of it,"

Remmi just rolled her eyes and laughed with the Korean man. The two had gotten quite close over the winter months, finding a bond over the Pizza Delivery business. Their relationship represented something two siblings would have. Something Remmi had needed after the loss of her own just nine months ago.

As for Ellie, she grieved. She still never took off her wedding ring and her mind was locked on surving, Andy, and her late husband. Her mind hadn't wrapped around his death and no one expected it too. The woman was thirty two and they'd been together since they were fifteen.

"And we need to make a run soon. Canned pea's just aren't doing it for her anymore," Ellie commented as she bounced Andy in her arms.

The group ended up putting a game plan into action, heading for Millersville, a place they hadn't been to just yet and were willing to give it a try.

"Before we head out, I was gonna head down to the stream. We're low on water. We can boil it later," T-Dog told Rick.

Rick nodded to which Remmi grabbed a few bottles herself. "Going with T?" Daryl asked her.

"Yeah, I figured if Maggie, him and I went, it'd get done faster,"

Daryl nodded. "I'm gonna take Rick, try to find somethin' to eat. That owl didn't exactly hit the spot," Remmi laughed at his reference to earlier to which Daryl just smiled.

"Have fun," She called as she walked away with Maggie.

"You too," He called back before heading off in the opposite direction.

"So," Maggie smirked, "How's that going? You two were incredibly comfortable at the farm too."

Remmi just laughed at Maggie's bluntness. "It's goin' good. Grieving got in the way a bit, but we're good now,"

"Oh thank God," She huffed, "You two ignoring each other the last few weeks was killer to us all. You both were on your periods that entire time."

"I second that," T-Dog laughed as he unscrewed the cap to the black bottle.

"It wasn't that bad!" Remmi defended, her voice getting higher.

"See, your voice gets higher when ya lyin'. Better quit now," T-Dog told her and the three of them cracked up in laughter.

Many jokes and a handful of water bottles filled later, the three of them walked back to the cars, seeing everyone gathered around the Escape once more.

"I don't know how we ever missed it," Daryl said aloud.

"Missed what?" Maggie asked, all three of them looking confused.

"We found a place," Rick smiled.

"I'm the fastest," Glenn argued.