16. NO ACCIDENTS

THAT MORNING Daryl woke up before Remmi. It was usually the other way around. From up above, Daryl didn't hear anything. He assumed the medicine worked and she was off with Carl or Patrick somewhere. Daryl sighed, sitting up and getting out of bed.

"Hmm..." Remmi stirred once Daryl got up. "Let's just stay in bed all day."

Daryl smiled, pulling a clean shirt over his shoulders and buttoning them up. "No can do darlin'. You plan on openin' them eyes anytime soon?"

Remmi opened her eyes after that and sat up. Her eyes immediately went to his shirt. The buttons in the wrong places. "Come here," She told him, to which he obliged and let her fix the shirt. "There. All better."

After that, Remmi herself got changed as Daryl pulled on his boots. "Where's Sadie?" He asked.

"Beth came and got her this morning to help her watch Judith and Andy,"

Daryl shrugged and spoke quietly, "Figured she'd be with Carl or Patrick,"

"She's gotta start helping out around here some time. I thought we could start small," Remmi told him.

"Was she feeling better at least?"

Remmi just laughed, "You're cute," She kissed the man on the cheek before grabbing her knife and walking out of the cell.

"What? Am I not allowed to be concerned?"

Remmi just kept laughing. "What's got you so giddy this morning?" Sasha asked as she met Remmi at the steps, Daryl close behind.

"Just some happy thoughts is all," Remmi smiled, "How was your night?"

"Not too bad. Although Ty came in from the Library pretty late last night," Sasha smirked.

"You and Karen huh?" Daryl asked, a look on his face.

"It's still new. I'm allowed to come in late once in a while," He defended.

"That phase passes real soon brother," Daryl commented.

Before Remmi could come back with a snarky remark, Sadie came running in. "Help! It's D Block, some of them are bit and-"

Ty immediately went to lock up C Block.

"Stay here and lock the cell," Daryl told her, grabbing Remmi's arm and pulling her along with Tyrese and Sasha.

When the four reached the courtyard, Rick met up with them.

"What block?" He asked, seeing Lizzie and Micah running up to him.

"It's D Block!" Sasha shouted.

"Sadie said some of them were bit," Remmi told Rick as he ran with them.

When the five of them rushed inside D Block, Andrew was already there, ushering people out.

"Take this," He told Rick, handing him a gun, "I'm gonna get these guys outta here. Follow me!"

Remmi immediately jumped into action, asking the people if they were bit and were to go.

Gun shots went off as multiple screams were heard throughout the cell block. Remmi led children into Karen's cell, grabbing them left and right.

"Sadie!?" She heard Daryl yell. "Get down!" He yelled, causing Remmi to go into full panic mode. 

Remmi found the two, grabbing Sadie and putting her in the cell with Karen and the other kids.

As screams died down and the noise lessoned, Rick, Glenn and Daryl went up the steps to the cells above them.

"Sadie," Remmi said as the red head walked out of the cell, "What the hell were you thinking?!"