21. PART TWO OF THE END

WARNING: THE TIMELINE WILL
BE CHANGED IN THIS CHAPTER

WARNING: SOME GRAPHIC
SCENES MAY OCCUR AT THE *

DAY TWO
THEY HAD TO KEEP RUNNING. Every corner they turned down, Walkers had been there waiting for them. Remmi collapsed on the ground. The grass on her back almost soothing. Soon, Sadie followed, along with Beth and Daryl. The four of them laid on the ground, attempting to catch their breath. Remmi reached for Daryl's hand, squeezing it before letting go once again.

When they got up from the ground, it was time to move on again. It was time to keep running.

DAY THREE
Night came and went. It was day three already of being on the road. They had lost Beth the day before. She was there one moment and gone the next. A black car with a cross on the back had taken her. Beth had been running ahead, the car had hit her and the next moment she was gone.

"Maggie's gonna kill us..." Was the first thing Sadie said.

Daryl rolled his eyes at this. "She ain't alive." Daryl mumbled.

"What?" Sadie asked, not hearing what he said.

"I said, she ain't alive! It don't matter if we find Beth or Maggie or Rick, or any of 'em! They're gone!" Daryl shouted. Sadie sunk back. "And they ain't ever comin' back." He finished.

"You don't know that!" Sadie yelled back, "They're alive and well and they're probably looking for us as we speak!"

Daryl looked back at Sadie. The thirteen year old had dared him to say something else. Their eyes were locked together for minutes before Sadie stormed off.

Remmi was quick to follow her, not wanting the girl to get too far.

Sadie was sat on a tree log with Remmi on the ground next to her, when Daryl found them.

"Sadie, I-" Daryl started.

"I'm tired. I'm going to sleep." She stated, rather loudly before putting her jacket on, laying on Remmi's lap.

Remmi sighed, propping her arm on the log. Daryl left once again and returned ten minutes later with fire wood. As he was making the fire for the night, Remmi asked him, "In what way was that okay?"

"What was okay?" He grunted.

Remmi gave him a blank stare. "Are you serious? Daryl, she's finally... She's finally comfortable with us. She's calling us mom and dad, Daryl. Do you know how big that is? Then you tell her that everyone is dead and gone? You practically yelled at her for no reason."

Daryl just sat down on the ground, close to the fire with his knee's pulled up to his chest.

"Are you even listening to me right now?" Remmi asked Daryl to which he looked up at her, then looked down. Remmi shook her head, wiping her face. "You're taking first watch."

DAY FOUR
Daryl had apologized to Sadie first thing that next morning. Remmi was asleep during that time, but apology or not, Remmi was still angry with him.

It was when they reached a general store, things had took a turn for quite possibly the worse. Sadie and Daryl had been in the front of the store while Remmi was scanning the pharmacy. She was looking for some sort of bandage. Her wrist was just getting worse and she needed to stop the swelling somehow.