ILOVEYOU. 001

"YOU LIFT MY HEART UP
WHEN THE REST OF ME IS DOWN"

april 30, 2019
9:21am
——

LAST NIGHT I BROKE UP with my boyfriend.

i was in love with him and i still am.

but our relationship was solely for him to make his other ex-girlfriend jealous; which only ended up hurting me.

i miss him so much. it hurts so bad.

i picked up my phone from the charger, and called my best friend, aryn.

i waited for her to pick up the phone before i started talking.

"aryn," i sniffled.

"mercy? are you crying?"

"can you come over? i need you right now," i said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"i'm on my way," she said before she hung up.

a few minutes went by, and aryn walked through my bedroom door.

"mercy, why are you crying? what happened?" she said as she sat on my bed next to me.

"l-last night, i b-broke up with daniel," i struggled to get out.

her eyes widened, "why in the world would you do that!? did he hurt you? did he cheat? oh my god, i'm going to hurt him"

"it was fake. it was all fake!" i yelled.

"what do you mean it was fake?"

"our relationship was fake. he just wanted to make his ex-girlfriend jealous," i cried.

"oh," aryn put her hand on my back and rubbed it.

"well, why didn't you tell me?" she asked.

i sniffled, "because we didn't want anyone to find out he wanted kassidy back."

"i'm just gonna call marshall and tell him to tell you everything," i grabbed my phone.

"wait a minute, marshall knows?" she asked.

i nodded, "he's known for like a week or so."

"who else knows?"

"you're the only person that knows i broke up with him, but just my mom knows about him wanting kassidy," i explained.

i texted marshall and asked if he could come home. he responded in seconds saying he was on his way.

"marshall's on his way," i sniffled.

we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"so...you went through this all alone?" she asked quietly.

i nodded.

aryn pulled me into a hug, "oh, mercy. i'm so sorry, i wish i would've noticed something! i wish i could've been there for you, i'm so sorry."