THE SUCCULENTS. 007

"I THINK WE'RE CLOSE ENOUGH
COULD I LOCK IN YOUR LOVE, BABY?"

august 16, 2019
5:53pm
——

IT WAS THE FIRST GAME of my last volleyball season. i was pretty excited, and although daniel can't make it, i'm still gonna try to do my best.

i never ended up telling braylen about daniel which was really bad on my part. i asked braylen to come to the game tonight so he can meet aryn. aryn is a cheerleader now, so she's going to be at the game anyway.

i just wish daniel could be here.

i understand that the new album is important, but i was really looking forward to seeing him tonight.

"so! are you excited," aryn came up behind me while i was sitting in the bleachers waiting for the junior varsity game to get finished with.

aryn repeatedly kept hitting my shoulders and giving me a really weird look. i have her a weird look back, "uh, yeah, i guess. it's the first game so..that's fun, i guess. aryn, why are you acting weird?"

she shrugged her shoulders, "no reason." i rolled my eyes.

a few moments later, sage and kate walked up to aryn and i. "does she know?" sage said excitedly.

aryn's eyes grew wide, "shut up, sage!"

"yeah sage!" kate said as she elbowed sage in the side.

"does who know what?" i asked the three girls.

they each looked at each other wide eyed, "uh, that...i got a new plant!" aryn turned to me.

"oh really? don't you have like, thirty succulents?"

"yeah, but this one was super cute!" she said. i nodded questionably.

i turned my head towards the door, and saw braylen was walking toward us.

"braylen!" i smiled and got up from the bleachers and ran towards him to give him a hug..which concluded in me almost knocking him over.

"woah, hey! nice to see you too, mercy!" braylen laughed as he hugged me.

we let go, and walked back over to where my friends were at.

"guys, this is braylen! he's new here, he just moved from georgia!" i introduced him.

"hi, i'm sage!" "and i'm kate!" "i'm aryn."

"nice to meet you ladies," he smiled at them.

"he looks a lot like daniel," kate whispered to sage. i rolled my eyes.

"well, unless any of my other friends show up, you'll pretty much be sitting alone because sage, kate and i are playing and aryn has to cheer, sorry." i frowned at him.

"yeah, as if i couldn't tell by all of y'all wearing uniforms."

"man, whatever," i pushed his shoulder.

i saw in the corner of my eye sage and kate giving each other weird glances.

"hey, it's time to go warm up," kate said.

"alright, bye braylen!" i smiled at him. "good luck!" he smiled back at me.

——

IT WAS THE LAST set of the game. we were up two-to-zero. if we win this next set, we'd win our first game. the score was currently twenty-to-fourteen. we just needed to get five more points to win.

i set the ball to sage, and she got a kill, earning us a point. i cheered in the middle of the court with my team..which we do after every point, win or lose.

i looked over at my coach to see her give us a play call. my eyes then shifted to my teammates, who were all whispering to each other, looking at the door of the gym and at me.

i didn't look over there, though. if i looked, then i would get distracted. which would lead to me getting into my head and messing up.

a few moments later, the other team served the ball out and we had won our very first game. i cheered with my team in the middle of our court, and we shook hands with the other team.

"mercy, that was terrible! you looked like a fish out of water out there!" i heard marshall come up behind me. i rolled my eyes, "marshall! i didn't see you come in!" i smiled and gave him a hug.

then someone tapped on my shoulder. i turned around, and was suddenly met with braylen.

"hey braylen!" i smiled and he gave me a hug. "you did so good, mercy! back at my old school they sucked at all of the sports, so it's great to be going to a school that's really good."

"well, i mean we aren't the best or anything. but we're okay!" i laughed.

"so, mercy," marshall trailed off. i looked up at him. "did you see who else came in?"

i rolled my eyes, "marshall, you know i don't look in the bleachers! it messes me up."

"well, someone came to see you," he smiled. "oh really, who? mom?" i joked.

"no, me," a voice said from behind me. i turned around quickly at the sound of the voice. i could recognize it anywhere.

my hazel eyes were met with his bright blue ones, and my smile widened so big, bigger than it has in a long time.

"daniel!"

——

don't worry guys, there isn't gonna be much drama after this. just wait till mercy introduces braylen to daniel in the next chapter LMAOOO

published: 4.3.20 1:00pm

have a great day!
- chanel
@SUNSETBESSON