THE WEDDING. 002

"YOU, YOU ENCHANT ME,
EVEN WHEN YOU'RE NOT AROUND"

april 30, 2019
9:40am
——

I'VE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR those 8 letters for so long.

of course, daniel has told me he's loved me before.

but he's never really meant it.

"y-you what?" i felt a tear slide down my cheek.

"i love you. i'm in love with you. mercy, i swear to you i did not mean what i said about kassidy."

i looked down at my hands in my lap, "do you really mean that?"

"yes, mercy! you mean the absolute world to me," daniel said.

"so...uh, what do we do now?" i asked in a small voice.

"can we actually date, like for real? no side agendas or anything. i want to be with you so bad, mercy."

the smile on my face grew ten times bigger, "yeah, that sounds good with me."

"okay, that's amazing to hear. can i call you later? we're about to go get breakfast."

"yeah, i'll talk to you later," i said with a huge smile.

"okay, bye."

"bye," i said as i hung up the phone.

once the phone had hung up, aryn screamed loudly and pulled me into a big hug.

"p-please...sto- aryn! i cant b-breathe," i tried to say as she squished my esophagus.

"mercy, i'm so so so happy for you!" aryn said as she let go of me.

i looked up at marshall, "uh, marsh? how are you feeling?"

marshall's face looked unreadable, i couldn't tell what he was feeling.

he gave me a small grin, "as long as you're happy, mercy, then i'm happy. but if daniel messes up one more time i swear-"

"he won't, he really does love her," aryn cut him off. marshall took a deep breath and nodded.

"how did you know that daniel has actual feelings for me?" i asked aryn. she smiled, "just a hunch."

i smiled at her, but then frowned as i thought to myself.

"what's wrong?" aryn asked me.

i sighed, "what if daniel was just saying that? what if he just said that so we would stay together longer? and what if he actually does love kassidy and he still wants to get her back and-"

"mercy, stop! none of that is true! daniel really loves you!" aryn shouted.

i groaned, "i just cant help but think the worst, i don't want to be heartbroken again."

marshall got up and sat back down next to me. he put his hand on my shoulder and looked me in my eyes. i looked down to avoid his eye contact.

"mers, i know that you know that recently i haven't been a fan of daniel and i didn't like how heartbroken he made you. but really, mercy, daniel truly loves you."

i looked back up to marshall and made eye contact. i felt a few tears come to my eyes but i blinked them away quickly and looked back down at my lap.

i slightly grinned, "i love you marshall."

"i love you too, mercy. now, i have baseball practice in an hour so i have to go get ready. i'll see you later," marshall said as he walked out, leaving aryn and i in the room.

"oh! that reminds me, my mom needs my help planning her wedding with my stepdad so i need to get going," aryn shot up from my bed.

i gasped, "what!? amanda's getting married? since when!?"

"scott proposed like, three days ago and she's been freaking out about details for it."

"oh wow, when is she getting married? has she picked a date yet?"

"she hasn't picked a date yet but she told me she wants to get married in like, eight months," aryn explained.

"that's so soon!"

"i know, hence why she's freaking out."

"okay, well you go help your mom. let me know if you need any help, i can come over because i love weddings!"

"i'm sure things will be fine, i'll text you later!" aryn said as she walked out of my room.

once i heard the front door shut, i flew back on my bed and closed my eyes. i took a deep breath.

wait, does this mean daniel and i are dating still? or does the count start over? well, we only broke up for like, nine hours so i think we're fine.

i opened up my phone and started looking through the pictures of daniel and i in my camera roll. "damn, we do be lookin cute doe," i whispered to myself. i laughed.

"mercy, stop talking to yourself!" marshall yelled to me from his room.

"shut up!" i yelled back at him.

——

hi! here's the long awaited chapter 2! sorry it's taking so long i just didn't know how to end this part haha. sorry this chapter is so short!! i just wanted to get to chapter three already!!

please comment any ideas you have for this book i really need yalls help on this haha

published: 2.1.20 1:49pm

have a good day!!
-chanel
@SEAVEYAVRY