FLIRTING. 005

"NOW I KNOW WHAT I HAVE FOUND"

august 12, 2019
4:52pm
——

I HAD JUST FINISHED volleyball practice and i was just sitting in my car. it was my first day back at school and i honestly forgot how tiring it was, especially practice.

first day of senior year was officially over with, and now i was finally able to go home and get some rest. or maybe i could just get some rest here..

i lied my head on my steering wheel and closed my eyes. it felt so good to just take a breather for a second.

i heard a tapping noise coming from my window. i looked up and aryn was standing outside my car door. i rolled my window down.

"aryn? what are you doing here?"

"i had cheer practice, i already told you i'm on the cheer team now," she said, "are you okay? were you just sleeping on your wheel?"

i chuckled, "yeah."

"well do you wanna go get something to eat? i heard there's this new smoothie and sandwich place a few miles away," she smiled at me.

"sure, why not!"

"great, just follow my car out," she smiled and turned away.

and here i thought i was going to get some sleep..

after parking my car, i headed into the sandwich place. aryn had already jumped in line to place her order, so i followed and stepped behind her.

after placing our order and bringing our food to a table, we sat down and started to eat.

——

BRAYJAMES
5:12pm

brayjames
hey mercy :)

mercyevann
oh hi braylen!

brayjames
how are you?

mercyevann
tired, i just got done w
volleyball practice

brayjames
oh you play volleyball? that's
dope
brayjames
i play baseball

mercyevann
cool

brayjames
wait, do you go to lake forrest hs?

mercyevann
yeah i do :)

brayjames
me too!
brayjames
i actually just moved to texas,
i'm from georgia but my mom
got a new job here

mercyevann
rlly? oh that's cool!
mercyevann
maybe one day this week
when i don't have practice
i can show you around town?

brayjames
yeah i would really
appreciate that!
brayjames
when would work for you?

mercyevann
well i don't have practice
wednesday
mercyevann
so would wednesday after school
work?

brayjames
yeah, good with me!

mercyevann
mk cool! :)

——

"MERCY! STOP TEXTING DANIEL and pay attention to me!" aryn scolded me.

"how do you know i'm texting daniel?" i asked, even though i was definitely not texting daniel.

"you were doing that thing with your smile when you're flirting with him," she said as she took a sip of her drink.

flirting?

——
sorry for the short chapter but anyways i'm excited for what's coming :)

published: 3.29.20 5:56pm

have a good day!
- chanel
@SUNSETBESSON