Party time

"I said no!" shouted Serafina as she spotted me trying to sneak a cardigan into the dressing room with me.

It was 4 pm and we were at the mall looking for new outfits for the party tonight. My other friend Zoey had joined us after school.

Zoey is someone that you have to get to know before you start to like her.
She mainly keeps to herself and doesn't really let anyone in.
Her face also has a habit of expressing her thoughts without permission. So if she thinks you're a piece of shit, well her face is gonna let you know, whether she likes it or not.
A lot of people don't really like her at first because of it, but once she lets you in, she's one of the best and weirdest people you'll ever meet.

Now back to the shopping.
I picked out a pair of black high waisted jeans and white, sleeveless crop top.
Yes, you heard me right. I chose a crop top. See, I'm not one of those fat girls that dress like a boy and tries to cover their body.

I love my body. Sure, I have insecurities and would love to lose some weight, but I might as well embrace and love my curves while I'm trying to improve it.

However, while I'm usually not afraid to wear crop tops and show off what little curves I have, something about tonight is making me want to cover up. Maybe it's because I'm afraid of what Axel will say when he sees me.

Will he think, " Isn't she too fat to wear a top that short?" Will he be disgusted by sight of my stomach and rolls?
Ugh, I've never cared about what guys think of me but for some reason, I care about Axel's opinion.

Nevertheless, I go into the dressing room and try on the outfit, begrudgingly leaving the cardigan behind.

I put the outfit on with ease before looking in the mirror. The black jeans are stretchy enough that I'm not being suffocated but tight enough that it hugs my muffin top and gives the illusion of a smaller stomach. The waistband hits right and smallest part of my waist and helps to accentuate my curves even more, without squishing in my hips.

The top is sleeveless and has a few buttons that allow you to show as much or as little cleavage as you want. The hem leaves just about an inch or 2 of my stomach unexposed.
(The image below is similar to the outfit I imagined but with a higher waistband on the jeans and a shorter top)

As I step out of the dressing room I feel confident and sexy. All insecurities of what Axel might think are gone from my mind and all I can think is, " Damn I look good."

I hear two loud squeals followed by, " Damn sis! You look hotter than the Mexican food I ate last night! I bet you taste better too, num-num-num," Serafina exclaims while smacking her lips obnoxiously.

Zoey looks at her weirdly before shaking her head and saying, " You look gorgeous Stella."

I grin, strike a pose and say," I know right."