Raccoon Eyes

Today was Saturday, the day after the game.

Shortly after the pizza arrived last night, we decided to head home. Everyone was exhausted, especially Axel and Jeremiah.

"Stella! Wake up! Your weird, loud-ass friends are here!"

I jolt awake at the booming sound of my Dad's voice.

Huh? What friends?

Then I hear Serafina's annoying voice, " Weird?! I prefer...unique."

Oh...them.

At that thought, I roll over onto my belly, hug my pillow and go back to sleep.

Waiting for one more hour won't hurt them.

That is until I hear a deeper voice. One that sends shivers down my spine and causes my heart rate to increase.

Is that...

"Sir, please don't associate me with them, " he says in fake disgust.

I shoot up immediately. I quickly try to crawl off my bed but my foot gets caught on my blanket. This results in me falling into a pile of limbs on my bedroom floor.

I groan loudly and quite unladylike, forgetting that they can hear me.

"Well, the beast is up. You guys can go to its room, but beware; it's pretty cranky in the morning. Might try to bite you or scratch an eye out, " my dad says in a serious tone.

I roll my eyes. Haha, very funny Dad.

My eyes then widen to the size of tennis balls as his words sink in.
They were coming to my room. Axel was coming to my room.

Shit! shit! shit!

My room was a mess.

I scramble off the floor and try to pick up all of my clothes from the ground and stuff it into my closet.

I clear as much junk from my dresser and put it into one of the drawers. I then throw the water bottles from my bed into the bin and look around, inspecting the room.

Not bad.

"Stella? Can we come in?" Axel calls.

This is the first time he's going to see my room. Yikes.

I manage to mutter a yes before the doorknob jiggles and draws my attention.
I gasp.

My bras were hanging on the doorknob!

Sometimes I'd take them off as soon as I got to my room and just hang them there so I wouldn't lose them in the pile of clothing on the ground.

I lunge toward the door to remove it, but it's too late.

Axel peeps his head in and says, " Hey, Sunshine."

I smile sheepishly and wave.

"Woah!" He exclaims in surprise as he inspects me.

What?

"Well, aren't you a sight, " he chuckles softly before stepping in.

Serafina comes in after him, takes one look at me, and cringes, " Jesus! Girl you have got to learn to take your make-up off."

Oh no...

"Looking like a frigging raccoon on drugs," she mutters before jumping on my bed.

I quickly run to my bathroom and gasp as I see my reflection.
My make up was smudged everywhere and I looked like I just stepped out of a horror movie.