Desire

This morning I woke up with an extra hop in my step as I recall the events of the other night.

Axel was incredibly sweet.  A rosy blush coats my cheeks at just the thought of him and everything he said. He showed me just how much I overthink and worry about my appearance when I didn't need to. 

To Axel, I didn't need to comb my hair, put on makeup or even dress nicely for me to look beautiful. Last night and even the night after the football game, he saw me in my most messy and natural state and didn't run for the hills.

That was pretty rare to find in a guy who wasn't even my boyfriend.

Not yet.

My blush deepens and my smile grows even wider at the thought of Axel eventually being my boyfriend. At least I hope he will be.

"Hey! Snap out of it."

I'm suddenly drawn out of my thoughts by Zoey snapping her fingers in my face.

I close my locker door and turn to face her with a bright smile.

"Good morning," I say happily.

She eyes me weirdly," You're even more cheery than normal. Did something happen with you and Axel?"

"Can't a girl be in a good mood for no reason?"I ask teasingly.

"Well, you're always in a good mood. But never this good. So something must have happened," She observes.

I grin at her," Am I that obvious?"

"Yes! Now spill!"She says excitedly, eager to know what's made me so happy.

"Axel came over  when Matt was having his movie night."

"Oh! Did you finally get your first kiss?"She asks while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

I push her slightly while being unable to keep the smile off my face," No! Not that it's any of your business."

"You know it's gonna happen eventually right? Are you ready for that?"

I frowned as I took in her words. Was I?

My thoughts are interrupted by Zoey saying, "Here comes lover-boy."

Before I can turn around, I feel a pair of arms envelope my waist and a firm chest touches my back. The scent of cologne fills my nostrils and causes my heart to palpitate just a bit faster.

I spin in around in his arms and smile up at him brightly," Hi."

He returns my smile and says in a low voice," Hi, Sunshine."

"Eww! Why are you two always all over each other?" Serafina asks as she suddenly joins us.

I roll my eyes at her with a smile," Hello to you too Serafina."

"Sup dawgie," She says as she enters my locker combination and opens it.

"Um, don't you have your own locker?"I ask.

"Yeah but it's so far," She groans before unloading her crap and closing the locker door.

I sigh," I knew I shouldn't have given you my locker combination."

"Oh that's cute. You think you had a choice," She replies with a laugh.

I frown and flick her on her forehead with my fingers.

She winces and grasps her forehead,"Ughh, bitch."

I flick her on her nose and say sternly, "Language."