two.

Maeve grabbed Dodger's leash and walked out of the door, ignoring chris' comments. "He needs his morning walk, christopher." She stopped to turn amd look at him with a frown. "He's been whining for the past hour and I need a walk too, i can't feel my legs."

"But our flight leaves in an hour." Chris said. "An hour, maeve!"

"Okay and our walk will take less than an hour." She said not bothering to tell him goodbye and walking down a trail. She desperately needed that walk. It had been a couple of weeks since she had taken Dodger out for his morning walks. Everytime she would grab his leash in the morning, chris would tell her that he already took him out for a walk.

Maeve followed the trail down and saw a couple of moms coming back from their morning walk. She always saw them dropping off their kids. She also remembered that they would always go on walks every Friday after dropping off their kids. "Good morning." Maeve greeted them with a smile.

"Hello Maeve, How's chris? Does he need any more cookies?" One of the moms, lindsay, gasped. "Did he like the ones I gave him last week? Made them myself."

Maeve remembered the container of cookies she found on top of the counter. It had a white card with it, but no signature. Written on the white card was a thank you for helping fix her garden. chris told her was that it was from his mom. And she chose to believe him.

"He loved them. I mean he only ate one and threw them out." Maeve nodded playing along. "The idiot was going to give dodger some, but you can't give cookies to dogs. Plus, the only cookies my husband likes are mine. Have a good day ladies."

Dodger barked and walked with Maeve to where ever the trail led them. Thirty minutes passed of walking around, Maeve made it back to the house as chris put the last of their luggage into the car. "You ready to go?" Chris asked.

Maeve nodded, not giving him a verbal response. "You okay?" Chris was about to grab her hand, but she didn't allow him to.

"How much fixing did lindsay's garden need? Because last time I checked, she can't keep plants alive for shit." Maeve said. Her husband only sighed and shook his head. "I think lindsay's husband appreciated the job."

Chris felt awful for lying. He didn't even know why he did it in the first place. Maeve didn't deserve it, he knew that. The feeling of guilt ran through his body and he didn't like it one bit. "I'm trying to be better."

"Trying? Yeah, it definitely looks like you're trying. You're trying so hard to keep me happy and it's not working. So get it through your thick skull that I will never be happy with you." Maeve's words hit harder than a truck. He'd never seen this side of her. It was always happy maeve, now it was the complete opposite and chris knew that it was all his fault.

"I called my mom. She said she'd take care of dodger for us." Chris entered the living room where Maeve was taking off Dodger's leash and grabbing Dodger's bowl to fill with water.

"Tell her no."

"What?"

Maeve sighed. "No. Tell her I said thank you for the offer."

"What, you're taking him with us now?" Chris looked over at the dog. If he wanted to fix his marriage, he wanted to be able to have Maeve's full attention. Having dodger around only made it harder.

"Yeah, actually. That's exactly what I'm going to do. At least someone will care for me."