fourteen.

The married couple laid on their bed, still in each others arms. Last night's events played like a movie in Maeve's mind. She felt happy for the first time in a long time. She could have sworn she only felt happy when it was just her and dodger together since chris wasn't around as much. Chris pressed a kiss on her temple and slowly got up from his spot. Maeve groaned and tried to make him stay in bed but chris got out of her grip.

"Stay right there! I wanna take a picture of you." Chris said in a tired voice. "You look so beautiful."

"I woke up just now. I don't think there's anything—" maeve took a look in the mirror that was a few feet away from her. "You know what? I do look beautiful." She fixed her hair and watched as chris took his phone and started to take pictures of her. She did different poses, some silly like sticking her tounge out and others were just a simple look to the camera.

After chris was content with his pictures, he passed his phone over to Maeve. She smiled at the pictures and sent them to herself. She exited out of the camera app and noticed chris had a picture of them from their wedding night as his wallpaper. Last time she checked, it was a picture of Dodger.

"I loved the tie you wore that night." Maeve passed chris his phone back. "When was the last time you wore it?"

"Remember that dinner we had with your coworkers? The one where one of 'em announced she was pregnant." Chris reminded her. It was two years exactly. A friend of Maeve happily announced that she was becoming a mom.

Maeve was happy for her friend. She really was. She was so happy that she forgot chris was by her side when another friwnd asked her when was she having a baby to which Maeve replied with a 'hopefully soon', chris hearing the whole thing. He didn't say anything that night or the following night or even any night. He chose not to bring the comment up.

"Wear it again. It looks hot on you. Makes you look like a hot lawyer." Maeve wrapped the sheets around her body and sat up. "Will you wear the suit again?"

"Gotta give me an occasion, moonie." Chris said.

"How 'bout you and I go back home with dodger and we can have a backyard wedding like you promised me?"

"But we're already married..."

Maeve groaned in frustration. "But you did promise me a backyard wedding amd we've been married for five years already, shocking right?"

It was chris' turn to groan. "Get to the point, maeve."

"What about a vow renewal?"

He would've never thought of that. He didn't even think Maeve still wanted to share his last name and now she was asking for a vow renewal? He started to think 'what truly happened last night? Did she hit her head?' Chris obviously didn't ask her that, but he did question her if she was sure she wanted to do a vow renewal.

"I'm sure that I wanna do it. And I'm also sure that you're the love of my life today, tomorrow and everyday." Maeve smiled at Chris, getting closer to him while still having the sheets wrapped around her. "Until you make me angry again."

"Maeve, really?"

"I'm just kidding. Maybe."