eight.

Dodger wagged his tail as Maeve placed two bowls filled with water and food for him on the ground. She sat in her seat, a clear and beautiful view of Hawaii in front of her. She picked up her fork amd started to cut her chocolate chip pancakes into pieces. She watched as little kids and their parents enjoyed the water. How she wished that was her.

She always thought about what she would name her daughter or son. Maybe after her parents? Would that be too cheesy? She always like the name Mallory for a girl. Everyone around her was naming their kids but what did she have to name? Nothing.

"Can we please talk?" Chris took a seat next to her.

"I'm eating and I really don't like eating my food while I'm angry, you should know that." Maeve took a drink of orange juice.

Chris sighed. He felt like he was going insane every second. Everytime he would try amd fix their marriage, maeve would bring up some excuse and the both of them would be left unhappy. Every single time. Dodger probably felt bad for chris.

"I know that you stayed up so many nights for me. I regret coming home late each night. You shouldn't have gone through that and I'm sorry. I really am. Call me an asshole and all that, but I care about you. I care about us. I care about our future, maeve. I regret hurting you in any way." Chris admitted. This time, maeve listened to every word he had to say. She would be lying if she said she wasn't crying.

In the middle of it all, a tear slipped down Maeve's cheek. She felt like such an asshole for not letting him get a word in, but now it was different.

"You probably hate me." Maeve grabbed her napkin and wiped away her tears.

"I could never hate you. No one could." Chris grabbed her left hand and ran his finger over her ring.

"Chris, I'm sorry too." Maeve said. "You tried to talk to me and all I ever did was push you away."

Dodger took the opportunity and put his head on Maeve's lap. Both of them laughed at his actions. "Thank you dodge, we love you." Chris ruffled Dodger's fur.

"So we're both sorry." Maeve sat up.

"Yeah, hopefully we don't kill each other on the way back." Chris joked.

"So we're good?" Maeve leaned her head against chris' shoulder.

"We're good."

An: we're good? Sure