Chapter #1

🎨Artist of Story Cover - Suzupiyosan
Please notify me if you are the artist and wish to have your art removed.

*

March, 2nd - Monday

"Can this bus go any slower?" you groaned, swirling your head anticlockwise to crack the frozen muscles in your neck. The instant click in your joints made you sigh in relief. You leaned your head to look through the window to see where your location was, mentally calculating the time it would take for the bus to reach the university. For a bus that drove specifically for campus students, it was incredibly slow.

"Hey! Move your head away. I'm eating," Eren whined, pushing your head away from his seat near the window, as he proceeded to gobble on his ham and egg sandwich, small fragments of egg falling onto his trousers.

You recoiled in disgust. "Ugh, could you be more repulsive? Can't you eat like a regular human being? That bread isn't going to fly away," you said, shaking your head in annoyance.

"But I'm hungry," he replied childishly.

"And the sky is blue. Tell me something I don't know."

"Oh, shut up. I'm already moody from the thought of having to return back to Uni and start studying again. The least you could do is let me enjoy my breakfast in peace."

You rolled your eyes and snuck a glance at your watch. In your experience, it would take another ten minutes to reach the premises. You had already gotten a glimpse of the large metal fencing around your college grounds from around the corner.

You and Eren were good friends. You had only met during your first year in college but you had grown to love the exuberant boy like your own sibling. You were from another country and moved to the city for your education and had no knowledge of the area whatsoever. He had found you stumbling through the streets with your phone, trying to find the gates of Kyojin University. Eventually, you ended up confusing yourself and had slumped on the busy pavement, distraught and exhausted. Being the kind soul that he is, Eren took pity on you and accompanied you to the gates, and that was the start of a beautiful friendship.

As it coincidentally turns out, Eren lived in a flat with his roommate and childhood friend, Armin, near your own apartment complex, giving him and you the opportunity to grow more closer. Unfortunately, both of you didn't share the same classes. Eren was studying Psychology while you were aiming for a Business Degree.

Your friendship with Eren extended to Armin, who you discovered was in your Business Classes. You formed an immediate older sister-younger brother relationship with the short, cute blonde. He was the sweetest, kindest and smartest boy you had ever met in your life. The three of you took the bus to and from college and hung out at each other's apartments when you had nothing else to do. You owed Armin a lot. He helped you with accounting whenever he could. The only reason you managed to get a proper grade in Financial Accounting during your first year was thanks to his last minute study group sessions.

You were by no means stupid. You excelled in all your other subjects but when it came to Accounts and Statistics, you were at a loss. It took you a longer period to figure out the complications and you spent a lot of time practicing the most simplest problems. Your accounts never seemed to balance. You found it hard, having no previous knowledge or training in the subject during your A-level years. You had picked completely unrelated subjects, so the struggle was real. It didn't help that Mathematics wasn't your strongest suit either. But you were determined to work hard to excel in whatever you had to pass to achieve your degree.

"Hey F/N, do you know that we're having a new Quantitative Techniques Professor?" Armin piped from the back. You turned to look at him with wide eyes.