alone

outgoing call to 'DingDong'
...

"I'm sorry, the number you have dialed has not set up an automated voice message system. Please hang up the phone and try again. Thank you."

A sigh

He tries again.

"...person you have called has not set up an automated voice..."

Again

"I'm sorry..."

And again

"I'm sorry..."

outgoing call to 'Baby Chan'
...

"Hi! You've reached Yuchan, I obviously can't answer right now but leave me a message and I'll make sure to call or text you back!"

he curses

outgoing call to JunHoe

"I'm sorry, the number you have dialed has not set up an automated voice message system. Please hang up the phone and try again. Thank you."

There's a pressure behind Amber eyes, a pain in his chest, and warm tears on his cheeks.

Memories of harsh words falling from his mother's lips reply, the sting of venom in his veins. Disappointed glares after the drop in grades, not even a letter drop but too much for them.

He curls up, letting his phone rest on his bed beside his head as his body jolts with suppressed sobs.

It's not passed midnight this time, it's only 8 p.m., but nobody answers, nobody seems to care.

Byungkwan is alone.

As he closes his eyes, tears burning, his phone vibrates.

new message from Sehyoon

'wanna hangout?'