warm

Teeth bit at dry lips, nervousness radiating off his small body as he presses himself against the cold brick wall of the convenience store. It's quiet, like it always is at night in his town, an occasional dog barks in the distance or the blares of late night talk shows scream from the trailer park a block away.

Light brown eyes darting around the lot, waiting awkwardly. White puffs of smoke leave his lips with each breath.

It feels like eternity before anyone shuffles into the lot, who just happens to be the one he's waiting for.

It's awkward as Sehyoon comes to stand in front of Byeongkwan, the two haven't really spoken, or texted really, since exchanging numbers.

Byeongkwan is nervous, confused, and intimidated. But he needed out of that cold house, and he took a chance.

Sehyoon is somebody he should get to know anyways, he's close with Donghun and Junhee and Yuchan seem to know enough about him to be less awkward. He won't lie, he's curious how Donghun knows the older, but at the same time he's not surprised. Donghun knows more people then Byeongkwan expected apparently, if his recent absence was anything to go by.

But the point still stands that he's curious about who Sehyoon is. Under the hood and lazy smiles.

The two don't speak at first, and the younger silently following as Sehyoon leans into the wall more. Relaxing.

It's silent for a moment before the older speaks up, voice soft like rain.

"Tell me about yourself kid..."

Byeongkwan frowns, head turning and eyes lightly glaring at the name.

"I'm not a kid, I'm 18."

The blonde snorts, leaning his head back to face the sky.

"I call everyone younger than me kid, don't get offended"

Byeongkwan snuffs out his annoyance, curiosity taking over.
"So how old are you? 25? 26?" He pauses and squints at the other "or are you like really old?"

Sehyoon jerks his head back down to face Byeongkwan, eyes wide and mouth ajar.

"Do I look that old?!"

The boy just shrugs and turns away to face the lone car passing the store, as he does he can hear a soft laugh from beside him. He ignores the burn in his chest.

"Well, sorry to disappoint you but I'm 20. A little younger than Donghun."

The boy just hums in response.

"...after that he can't eat kitkats anymore, it's sad but hilarious!"

"Why would you put mustard on a KitKat?!"

"It seemed fucking funny and disgusting at the time! Don't judge me we were was freshman!"

"No! I'm going to judge you! That's a crime against humanity Sehyoon!"