the bunker™

" Byeongkwan, just where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going over to Yuchans! See you later!"

"Byeongkwan wait-"

the front door slams shut.

Sehyoon had a plan, one that involved a trip into the EZ-MART apparently.

Byeongkwan probably should have asked what the older had planned to do for the day after the rushed call he received an hour prior, but somehow all the previous caution and anxiety in Byeongkwans head dissipated.

He trusted Sehyoon, because Sehyoon understood.

The early December air is sharp as it's sucked into Byeongkwans lungs, the hoodie he's bundled up in is barely keeping the bitting chill away from his skin, but the damn thing is comfortable.

He speed walks, almost jogs, up to the front of the gas station, hastily pushing open the smudged glass door.

Heat hits Byeongkwans face and burns his nose and cheeks, hot air now warming his body as he takes a deep breath.

As he glances around the store he spots the familiar freshly dyed pink hair, the owner was still turned away and poking around the various candies and snacks on the shelf in front of them.

Byeongkwan smiles to himself and quietly walks over, grabbing a pack of strawberry flavor gum from the from display shelf of the aisle.

He speaks around the shelves, before suddenly popping up in front of the person from the otherside of the shelf.

Soft lashes, longing gazes and shy smiles. Hitched breathing and smoke clouds. Strawberry flavored gum and burning nicotine.

Shy smiles exchanged from over convenience store shelves, eyes locking around Pringles cans and beer bottles.

A simple question had fallen from chapped lips.

"Wanna get out of here?"

Byeongkwan snorts at Sehyoons question, shaking his head and poking one of the bottle of beer in front of him out of boredom.

"you sound like a creeper"

it's Sehyoons turn to snort, throwing his head back as he smiles that pretty smile of his.

"Ouch, and here I was thinking I'm charming!"

the two stock up on snacks, and Byeongkwan can't break the sad nostalgic feeling he gets as he sets his things onto the counter.

memories of Yuchans hyper energy that triggered his own, Donghuns savage remarks and shoulder pushes, of Junhees pure smiles and clumsy tripping.

when was the last time he'd spoken to any of them?

after Donghun ran off everything fell apart, Junhee stopped answering calls and Byeongkwan can only assume he picked up another shift, and Yuchans parents had cracked down on him hard after he got sick and fell behind in school because of it.