127 8 34

Nozomi, despite still not talking to Eijun, had found herself at the baseball fields during a day that was packed full of games.

of course, she didn't really get close to the field until Eijun was playing. she didn't want any awkward conversation's today.

but when he started playing, she approached the field, standing closer to the fence and therefore closer to some of the players.

"hello, Nura-senpai," someone said beside her. she turned and saw Okumura standing beside her. "what brings you to the fields today?"

"just wandering," she said. "but while we're talking, can i ask you something?" she crossed her arms nervously, biting the inside of her cheek.

"sure," he said. "is it about that argument you had with Sawamura-senpai?"

"h-how do you know about that?" she asked, surprised. "i don't recall telling anyone."

"i don't know what it was about, but it was pretty easy to tell something happened. he hasn't said a word about you in a week, which is strange all together. but i haven't seen you around him at all for a while. not even lurking around during practice." jeez, Eijun never mentioned how smart Okumura was.

"well, i suppose that's all true. yes, we got in an argument, but i didn't think it would be this big of an issue." she sighed, rubbing her face.

"mind if i ask what it was about? you don't have to tell me if you don't want to though." Eijun also didn't mention how nice he could be. what a gentleman!

so that's how she ended up spilling everything to Okumura. from the moment the argument started, through what was said and until now.

"i just. . don't know what to do, you know? do i apologize? let it be? talk to him about it again? i just don't want to make it worse." she hugged her arms around her torso tighter.

"well, from what you told me, he should probably be the one to apologize. he made some unnecessary comments in the heat of the moment. you just wanted to talk to him about stuff troubling you," he said. "and from what i've noticed from being on the team some of them are stingy with praise sometimes."

"that reminds me! i just want to thank you. you know, for giving him the praise he deserves. you haven't been on the team for long but i can already tell you're going to be an important member sometime soon," she said softly. "and i know this might be a lot to ask because i don't know when everything between Eijun and me is going to get better. . but could you look after him for me?"

Okumura's cheeks flushed pink, but he nodded strongly. "yeah, i think i can do that. just make up with him soon, okay? the team can't afford to have him lose focus over this during a game." he crossed his arms over his chest and his cheeks puffed out in embarrassment. "and thank you."

"no problem, Okumura! and also, when this all blows over expect a thank you gift from me. just for everything." she winked at him when his face flushed darker before patting his shoulder and walking away from the field.

she could get used to talking to Okumura.

--------------

hey y'all. shes finally talking to okumura. i had fun writing this because i just love her dynamic with him! they get along really smoothly, i would say.

i hope you enjoyed this!

a lot of you guys guessed right about what was gonna happen!

see you soon :)