Chapter Three

A/N: Hey there. Just want to thank all of the reviewers once again, you have no idea how much it makes me happy to get those emails! So, anyways, last time we had a little bit of Loki, even though he was killing everyone the entire time. Hope that made you guys happy. Anyways, here's the third chapter of Complicated!

!#$%^

I stood there opened mouthed, before I suddenly began laughing. Isn't this what I wanted? What I had been waiting for every day of my miserable life? And now it was happening, and all I wanted was for everything to go back to the way they were before all of this. I wanted Clint to come back and start controlling my life again, hell, I wanted to go back to fetching people's coffee!

But from the way that things were heading, I knew that that would never happen.

"Thank you, director Fury." I nodded back at him, before sighing, and getting into the vehicle that had come around to pick us up, and tried settling into the comfortable leather seats.

"You might need this." He handed something to me. It was a leg holster with a very advanced looking gun. I smiled slightly to myself, and attached the holster to my leg, placing the gun gently inside. I leaned back into my seat, and shook my head.

I didn't know where we were going, and I didn't know what was going to come next. Hell, I didn't even know if this would change anything for me, and I'd still be stuck getting people coffee. But I knew that I would have to be ready to face the unknown, no matter what.

The car took off and kept driving for a couple of hours. After that, director Fury and I switched to a helicopter, and it took us somewhere over water. I soon found out that we were going to a massive ship, apparently the true headquarters of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I stumbled out of the helicopter, glad to finally be on land. I haven't ever particularly liked flying objects, for reasons of my own. I followed Fury inside, and he took me to the control room, where people were working on computers frantically, and people were running around, trying to get somewhere.

"Director? What happens now?" I asked him. He turned to me, and held out a cell phone. I took it, and wondered what on earth he wanted me to do with it.

"Call the only number programmed into it. Tell the man on the phone that we know he's on third floor of 1-14 Silensky Plaza, and have an F-22 waiting eight blocks out. Then convince Agent Romanoff that she needs to come in." And with that he walked off, leaving me alone in skinny jeans and a T-shirt, a gun on my leg and an open cellphone in my hand.

I sighed, and knew that it had to be done. I looked through the phone, and called the number. After the first couple of rings, a Russian man answered the phone.

"Da?"

I smirked.

"Put Romanoff on the phone."

There was some hesitation before the phone landed in another man's hands.

"You listen carefully-"

"No, you listen to me. You're at 1-14 Silensky Plaza, third floor. We have an F-22 exactly eight miles out. Put the woman on the phone or I'll blow the block before you have a chance to make the lobby."

There a pause, then some rustling, before a female voice finally made it to the phone.

"Yeah?"

I sighed.

"Hey Tasha, it's Sam. Listen, something's happened and you need to come in immediately."

"Are you kidding? I'm working! And since when did you become authorized to pull me out?" She asked. I sighed again.